North Carolina woman confronts man with swastika flag

May 2012
By the wall
Nazis, ISIS supporters or other Islamic extremists, radical Communists/anarchists; anybody preaching hate and violence and mayhem, should be considered as having forfeited their free speech IMHO
I agree but flying a flag isn't preaching anything.

You start banning that then what will be next?

Its a slippery slope.

Many believe that religious symbols are about hate, should we start arresting people for putting up nativity scenes during Christmas?

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
She's bold! Probably a little bit stupid. However, if one was flying in my neighborhood, I'd stop too!

You'll have to open it, the entire video is posted.

This is Nazi f*cking America!’: Watch what happens when a NC woman confronts man with swastika flag

[FONT=&]

SARAH K. BURRIS
15 AUG 2017 AT 10:39 ET
[/FONT]

J
oe Love, Mount Holly in Gaston County, North Carolina resident with Nazi flag (Photo: Screen captures)

[FONT=&]DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&]In wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, one North Carolina woman was inspired to speak out against someone flying a Nazi flag she saw in Mount Holly in Gaston County.

Page Braswell told The News & Observer that she couldn’t remain silent after seeing the violence in Virginia. She didn’t know Joe Love, the man flying the flag. Still, she pulled into his driveway on Sunday ready for a confrontation.

“I thought, ‘What? This is my town,’” she said in a video that has since gone viral.

In the video, Braswell shows the flag as well as a sticker supporting Donald Trump on the man’s truck. “Hey! What’s up with the Nazi flag?” she’s heard asking.

Love asked who she was and what the flag has to do with her. He tells her his name as well as a profanity-laced commentary. He said he wasn’t a Nazi but “this is Nazi f*cking America.”

He told her that the flag was none of her business but then asked, “Where do you live? What kind of flag do you fly?”

She responds that she flies a rainbow flag. He then called her a “queer” and a “lesbian.”

Braswell actually identifies as a straight, white married woman and doesn’t actually fly a rainbow flag, though she said that she would like one. His language was a shock to her, though she understands it is a typical thing members of the LGBT community hears all the time.
t
“They’ve got to be brave every day. There’s no reason I can’t be brave for two minutes,” she explained. “If people are doing it, we need to call it out. If we don’t, it’s just going to get worse.”

Braswell volunteers at the Charlotte women’s clinic, so angry protesters are not a new experience. She said that if the two had a civil conversation she might not have posted the video featuring the man’s name, address and family business...
[/FONT]

?This is Nazi f*cking America!?: Watch what happens when a NC woman confronts man with swastika flag

Gotta confess. Am a little skeptical about this story....

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I agree but flying a flag isn't preaching anything.

You start banning that then what will be next?

Its a slippery slope.

Many believe that religious symbols are about hate, should we start arresting people for putting up nativity scenes during Christmas?
Nativity scenes have nothing to do with extremism or violence. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with those. Unless they themselves are some kind of extremist who hates Christians...

Sep 2016
My own world
A Russian living in Canada doesn't get to make those decisions for America.
Canada has hate laws. You can stand on any street corner and say anything you want except death threats to any group or persons but spouting propaganda from a known terrorist group like the Nazi's gets you charged for hate speech. There is a list you know like ISIS and the IRA and so on and so forth. It really isn't that hard to pull out the groups that hate and say if you promote their shit its against the law.

Last edited:
Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
I wonder why she can't just keep her nose out of other people's business?

I don't like that this idiot will fly a nazi flag but I spent over 20 years in the Marine Corps and did my time in Veitnam to guarantee his right to do so. I don't like the so called rainbow flag either but such is a person's right.

p.s., Only in the diseased mind would equate Trump with anything nazi.

Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
Canada has hate laws. You can stand on any street corner and say anything you want except death threats to any group or persons but spouting propaganda from a known terrorist group like the Nazi's gets you charged for hate speech. There is a list you know like ISIS and the IRA and so on and so forth. It really isn't that hard to pull out the groups that hate and say if you promote their shit its against the law.
Canada does not, repeat, not have free speech.

Oct 2014
British expat in USA
Nativity scenes have nothing to do with extremism or violence. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with those. Unless they themselves are some kind of extremist who hates Christians...
The problem isn't nativity scenes themselves, the problem is putting up nativity scenes on public areas and refusing to allow symbols of other religions to be displayed as well.