North Korea’s dismantling has BEGUN

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
If true, good news.

According to 38 North, new satellite imagery from July 20 shows key facilities being dismantled at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station, the country’s main such location since 2012.

The facilities include a rail-mounted processing building, which is used to assemble space launch vehicles before they are moved to the launch pad. Also being dismantled is a rocket engine test stand that has been used to build liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space launch vehicles, the article said.

“Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence building measure on the part of North Korea,” it said, adding that the work probably began sometime within the past two weeks.​

And of course I’m worried that this site is one Kim doesn’t really need and he’s duping us. But 38 North says these efforts represent something significant, so I guess we’ll wait for more. But I’m still very skeptical, as I’m sure some of you are as well.

REPORT: North Korea?s dismantling has BEGUN ? The Right Scoop

Sep 2016
My own world
from the link..the dismantlement of the facilities at Sohae appears to have taken place without outside experts there to verify it... so in other words we are guessing. Somehow this is better than the Iran deal were there were actual international inspectors confirming the steps, WTF?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
If true, good news.

According to 38 North, new satellite imagery from July 20 shows key facilities being dismantled at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station, the country’s main such location since 2012.

The facilities include a rail-mounted processing building, which is used to assemble space launch vehicles before they are moved to the launch pad. Also being dismantled is a rocket engine test stand that has been used to build liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space launch vehicles, the article said.

“Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence building measure on the part of North Korea,” it said, adding that the work probably began sometime within the past two weeks.​

And of course I’m worried that this site is one Kim doesn’t really need and he’s duping us. But 38 North says these efforts represent something significant, so I guess we’ll wait for more. But I’m still very skeptical, as I’m sure some of you are as well.

I want to believe it. But I don't.

If Kim Jung is really disarming I'll be shocked. But the President gets kudos for a good effort. And if he ends up proving me wrong I'll be the first to admit my error.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
If true, good news.

Here is the critical passage to help you understand what is going on here.

“Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program,
This means these are old sites that have were long ago used to get NK to where it is today.

It would be like NASA demolishing an Apollo 11 launch site.

Last edited: