North Korea returns remains of US troops

Apr 2012
Disagreed.

Being understandably skeptical about what NK has done does not translate into a “typical democrat who hates this country”.

That’s pure partisan bullshit.
We have been watching the hate for at least 3 years now. No matter what Trump does the democrats will disagree with it and

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Where would we have gotten those samples? The best that could be done would be to gather DNA samples of relatives.
Yes, that is what is going to happen. Gathering samples from relatives for comparison. This is not an issue with current service members. All service members have DNA samples taken. Hint: Don't leave DNA evidence if you have served in the military. Also in many states, DNA samples are taken from all arrested.

Last edited:

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
I'm sorry, but I don't see getting a bunch of bones shipped to us as some big accomplishment.

All apologies to the families, but what did we get from NK besides the (allegedly) skeletons of our people that they killed 50 years ago?
You don't see it as an accomplishment because President Trump pulled it off.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
You would not say that if it was Obama
I would absolutely say it, regardless of the President. We're looking at unpreserved remains which may or may not be those of soldiers killed 65 years ago. Assuming they are actual remains of U.S. soldiers, the children of these people are collecting social security checks by now, assuming they're still alive. They are of literally zero value to North Korea, which undoubtedly has more human remains in their museums which depict the North Korean triumph over U.S. soldiers.

And in exchange for these dead bodies, North Korea gets to appear before the world holding hands with the U.S. leadership.

North Korea wins. Not as much as Russia won in Helsinki, but Trump is WAY out of his league.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
I would absolutely say it, regardless of the President. We're looking at unpreserved remains which may or may not be those of soldiers killed 65 years ago. Assuming they are actual remains of U.S. soldiers, the children of these people are collecting social security checks by now, assuming they're still alive. They are of literally zero value to North Korea, which undoubtedly has more human remains in their museums which depict the North Korean triumph over U.S. soldiers.

And in exchange for these dead bodies, North Korea gets to appear before the world holding hands with the U.S. leadership.

North Korea wins. Not as much as Russia won in Helsinki, but Trump is WAY out of his league.
If this is such a nothing burger, and not a win for the USA. Tell me, why didn't Obama get any remains sent back from North Korea? Wasn't important to him?

Reactions: 1 person

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
If this is such a nothing burger, and not a win for the USA. Tell me, why didn't Obama get any remains sent back from North Korea? Wasn't important to him?
The 60 year-old unpreserved remains are not remotely as important as containing the nuclear threat presented by North Korea through the use of sanctions.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
The 60 year-old unpreserved remains are not remotely as important as containing the nuclear threat presented by North Korea through the use of sanctions.
Oh yes, tell us how the Great Sainted Barack H Obama on high did on that one? Thanks for pointing that part out. Obama did nothing to slow down or stop North Korea's nuclear program. That is evidenced by the fact that they were still testing until just recently.

Apr 2012

That is crap if it was Obama you would praise Obama for such a great accomplishment

Jun 2014
United States
Yes, that is what is going to happen. Gathering samples from relatives for comparison. This is not an issue with current service members. All service members have DNA samples taken. Hint: Don't leave DNA evidence if you have served in the military. Also in many states, DNA samples are taken from all arrested.

The first thing they'll do is carbon testing to determine the age of the bones. In past instances of NK returning remains to the US, they have included non-Americans, remains that weren't old enough to have been from the war and even dog bones.