Notre Dame burning

Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
Just spoke to one of my colleagues from Quebec and she is totally freaked out that this happened during Holy week. She apparently thinks it was malicious or done by God or something. She said she doesnt believe it just happened.
It will be most interesting to see what the investigators find when they are done. But yes, it appears to not be something left to mere coincidence. Things always happen for a purpose, for a reason.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Just spoke to one of my colleagues from Quebec and she is totally freaked out that this happened during Holy week. She apparently thinks it was malicious or done by God or something. She said she doesnt believe it just happened.
More indicative of people who can't comprehend the total chaos of the Universe.

That said, some thoughts in no particular order of priority:

God doesn't work that way.

Over 600+ years, shit happens. Look at all the great landmarks of Rome destroyed in WWII.

Investigation will prove whether or not it was accidental or malicious. Patience is a virtue.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
More indicative of people who can't comprehend the total chaos of the Universe.

That said, some thoughts in no particular order of priority:

God doesn't work that way.

Over 600+ years, shit happens. Look at all the great landmarks of Rome destroyed in WWII.

Investigation will prove whether or not it was accidental or malicious. Patience is a virtue.
I agree but knowing her she probably thinks it was some sort of punishment for people not going to church as often as they used to. I also found this..

Catholic churches have been desecrated across France—and officials don’t know why

Sep 2014
USA
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I agree but knowing her she probably thinks it was some sort of punishment for people not going to church as often as they used to. I also found this..

Catholic churches have been desecrated across France—and officials don’t know why
Since I don't know "her" I can't make an objective decision.

As for what's happening in France; mildly interesting but that's their fucking problem. They have to solve their own problems or just wait for the Americans to bail them out once again.