Now these are Real Christians

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
A church in Ames, Iowa had it's Pride Flag ripped down and torched behind a strip club. The guy who did it confessed, and loudly professed his hatred for that church and the LGBTQ people it served (about 15% of the congregation of 225 people). He railed at his trial, personally attacking the pastor on multiple occasions in court. As he was led away after sentencing, he said to her "I"ll see you when I get out." The church has gotten hate mail from others who liked the man's crime.

How did they respond?
  • They never pressed charges.
  • They sought an alternative "restorative justice" method of redress.
  • They asked if they could pay his court costs (the court waved them).
And there's more:
Church members learned he had three children who don’t live with him, all under the age of 13, and wondered if there was a way to support them and their mother financially during Martinez’s incarceration.

“This man has nothing. He doesn’t have any family or friends,” Gebbie said. “It’s heartbreaking. He’s all alone in this world.”

The church is still looking for ways to help Martinez while he’s incarcerated.
That's the heart of Jesus.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious

This church lists the pastors.

They are all female pastors. So this church really has no pastor.

Each female pastor has her proper pronouns listed under her name.

Like I said, not a Christian Church, just a progressive club that does good deeds and doesn't even explain the Gospel on their website.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Then, neither are the Catholics, with their "celibate" priests, who love their altar boys lmao
I think there are Christians in the Catholic Church. But the Catholic Church is a mess. They get a lot wrong. A lot of false gospel preached in Catholic Churches. For another thread though.

Mar 2019
God's Country
This church and the thief need to repent of their sin and turn to Christ. This is not a Christian Church.

I Corinthians 6:9-10
9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,c 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Non-Christians can do good deeds too.

This church isn't a Christian Church.
It's the oldest denomination in America. At one time it was the state church of Connecticut.
It's a homosexual church
How can that be when only 15% of the congregation is LGBT? If 15% of a church is black (or white) does that make it a "black church'? (or a "white church?")

Good deeds don't save you from your sins though.
No, I don't think they'd claim that. But it is a heck of a witness to their faith.