NPR is lost to the right

Jun 2011
In a better place than u
This morning I'm listening to Sylvia Piagioli reporting on the crisis in Greece, and she says "Layoffs planned for the bloated public sector are going to be a problem..."

The "bloated public sector"? WTF? How is THAT objective reporting? Who says the public sector in Greece is "bloated"?
By what measure? More big governemnt crap from NPR now?

Here's more from the Bart blog...

"You'll cover the Tea Party, but god forbid you actually cover
sane Americans demanding civilized economic policy,"
-- Brad Nolen, asking NPR why they won't cover the Wall Street protests
Link

"
The recent protests on Wall Street did not involve large numbers of people,
prominent people, a great disruption or an especially clear objective.'"
-- NPR's Dick Meyers

Link

Or, Meyers could've told the truth:

"In the nineties, the GOP said we had to turn into their Whore or lose our funding."

The Democrats, as always, had no opinion and no will to fight so NPR
went with their new masters and now they cover Teabagger rallies only....

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
The funny thing about the "wall st" protestors is watching them amble in an out of McDonalds as they cry about coporate greed..... "laffin"

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
This morning I'm listening to Sylvia Piagioli reporting on the crisis in Greece, and she says "Layoffs planned for the bloated public sector are going to be a problem..."

The "bloated public sector"? WTF? How is THAT objective reporting? Who says the public sector in Greece is "bloated"?
By what measure? More big governemnt crap from NPR now?

Pretty much everyone recognizes that Greece's public sector is bloated, and has been for awhile. Since joining the Euro, they've headed the wrong way on that.

Here is the IMF in 2010, noting Greece's public sector was too large to be supported by their economy.

Greece -- Frequently Asked Questions

Also, wiki said the public sector was 40% of GDP in Greece. Obviously, too high.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
The funny thing about the "wall st" protestors is watching them amble in an out of McDonalds as they cry about coporate greed..... "laffin"

Yes, b/c they're down their protesting about food chains. So, naturally that would be really fucking funny when they ate food.

I wonder how many of them still live with their parents.

Probably alot. The 'recession' generation is certainly having a hard time starting their adult lives in this economy.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
In Greece, the public sector is 40% of the GDP. How is "bloated" not a fair description?

Reactions: EnigmaO01

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Yes, b/c they're down their protesting about food chains. So, naturally that would be really fucking funny when they ate food.

I guess the irony is lost upon you, They protest corporate greed, then feed said beast by going to McDonalds. It is truly "fucking funny" watching them eat "food".....

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
I guess the irony is lost upon you, They protest corporate greed, then feed said beast by going to McDonalds. It is truly "fucking funny" watching them eat "food".....

Yea, like I said. They're like .... totally down there protesting food chains. It's fucking funny when they eat.

Oh, the irony.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Yea, like I said. They're like .... totally down there protesting food chains. It's fucking funny when they eat.

Oh, the irony.

yeah, I can't make it any simpler, they are protesting coporate greed while giving money to big company mcdonalds.

If you don't get it, don't bother responding as I can't make it any simpler for you. Sorry.

Reactions: Mister D