NRA calls 'open carry' rallies 'downright weird

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Ted Nugent Threatens to Kill Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton During Vicious Onstage Rant | Music News | Rolling Stone

Renegade right-winger Ted Nugent recently went on a vicious onstage rant in which he threatened the lives of Democratic presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Decked out in full-on camouflage hunting gear, Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, "Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary," he continued. "You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch." Nugent summed up his eloquent speech by screaming "freedom!"

Http://news.yahoo.com/nra-calls-open-carry-rallies-downright-weird-051800547.html

HOUSTON (AP) — Companies, customers and others critical of Texas gun rights advocates who have brought military-style assault rifles into businesses as part of demonstrations supporting "open carry" gun rights now have a surprising ally: the National Rifle Association.

The advocates' actions in restaurants and other public places — part of a push for less restrictive gun laws, including legalizing the open carry of handguns — have prompted public criticism.

The NRA has long been a zealous advocate for gun owners' rights. But the group's lobbying arm, the Institute for Legislative Action, has called the demonstrations counterproductive to promoting gun rights, scary and "downright weird

----------------------------------------------

Ted Nugent is a sitting board member of the NRA...why were they not out calling this public display "weird"?

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I can see a public rally, but going to a private business or anywhere private like that doesn't sit well with me.

You can rally for gay rights, abortion, and nearly anything under the sun, but not the 2nd Amendment?

Reactions: 1 person

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I can see a public rally, but going to a private business or anywhere private like that doesn't sit well with me.

You can rally for gay rights, abortion, and nearly anything under the sun, but not the 2nd Amendment?
It's a right you already have. It would make as much sense as me organizing a protest to allow women to vote. These rallies don't take place anywhere where gun control legislation is being considered or has passed, but usually in DC as a way to intimidate the "feds" I guess.

Normal people are getting a little tired of the emotional bullshit gun rights advocates are foisting on everyone. Just feels like bullying.

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Ted the NRA boardmembers gun toting rant took place in San Antonio during a concert he and the Teaparty wer putting on at during their big rally..that is when Hannity, Palin and Glenn Beck were all buddying up with Ted and the NRA did not even come close to calling it weird.

Sep 2013
Oklahoma
If I was CC'ing a handgun and was eating in a restaurant and two men walked in with AR-15's slung with magazines loaded, my first instinct would be to shoot them both.

I can very much seeing this happening. These people are fucking idiots and are playing with fire, doing this in a nation where mass shootings have been occurring on a semi-regular basis.

Oct 2013
Ohio
Ted Nugent Threatens to Kill Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton During Vicious Onstage Rant | Music News | Rolling Stone

Renegade right-winger Ted Nugent recently went on a vicious onstage rant in which he threatened the lives of Democratic presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Decked out in full-on camouflage hunting gear, Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, "Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary," he continued. "You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch." Nugent summed up his eloquent speech by screaming "freedom!"

Http://news.yahoo.com/nra-calls-open-carry-rallies-downright-weird-051800547.html

HOUSTON (AP) — Companies, customers and others critical of Texas gun rights advocates who have brought military-style assault rifles into businesses as part of demonstrations supporting "open carry" gun rights now have a surprising ally: the National Rifle Association.

The advocates' actions in restaurants and other public places — part of a push for less restrictive gun laws, including legalizing the open carry of handguns — have prompted public criticism.

The NRA has long been a zealous advocate for gun owners' rights. But the group's lobbying arm, the Institute for Legislative Action, has called the demonstrations counterproductive to promoting gun rights, scary and "downright weird

----------------------------------------------

Ted Nugent is a sitting board member of the NRA...why were they not out calling this public display "weird"?
Yep.. the concept of batshit crazy and brandishing assault rifles...probably is wacko to the point of counterproductive. This is a bit unique in that to the NRA.. nothing had seemed too crazy/extreme. I guess if you freak out the locals in a Texas Cow Town.. that would be a bridge too far.