NRA claims "MassiveObama Conspiracy" Not to Ban Guns

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
You just can't please some people.

In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama's decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a "massive conspiracy," and just another reason not to give him a second term.

"[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners -- they'll say they left them alone," LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday. "In public, he'll remind us that he's put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn't pushed for new gun control laws... The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he's actually been good for the Second Amendment."

"But it's a big fat stinking lie!" the NRA leader exclaimed. "It's all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and destroy the Second Amendment in our country."

"Obama himself is no fool. So when he got elected, they concocted a scheme to stay away from the gun issue, lull gun owners to sleep and play us for fools in 2012. Well, gun owners are not fools and we are not fooled," La Pierre declared.

"Sotomayor, Kagan, Fast & Furious, the United Nations, executive orders. Those are the facts we face today... President Obama and his cohorts, yeah, they're going to deny their conspiracy to fool gun owners. Some in the liberal media, they are already probably blogging about it. But we don't care because the lying, conniving Obama crowd can kiss our Constitution!"

Gun control advocates have criticized the president for not pushing for new gun control legislation in the wake of a January shooting that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in serious condition and six others dead.

NRA Claims 'Massive Obama Conspiracy' Not to Ban Guns | Video Cafe

(video at link)

Ah...that sneaky Obama is at it again. He's lulling gun owners into complacency and will steal their guns and destroy the second amendment AFTER he's re-elected! Ya gotta love the loonies.

Reactions: Stefan Bandera

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Nice find... hilarious.

His devious plan of not going after gun owners has been exposed by the NRA for the anti-gun attack that it is. I'm glad they're on the case.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
What's this? A special interest group that is notorious for extremism and dishonesty is being extremist and dishonest?

Jan 2011
east coast
The NRA is not getting any attention. They love confrontation and they aren't getting any, so put out a made up conspiracy to get it. Gee, they have no one to lobby, or any issue to lobby for. Seems like there's nothing for them to do. They are irrelevent for now.

Reactions: Stefan Bandera

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Yes it's rather humorous to watch the transition into irrelevancy.

From

"Dey's takin ewr goons!"

to

"Dey's (wantin) to take ewr goons!"

to

"Dey's... maybe... er, um... well. TAKIN EWR GOONS!"

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
2008 conversation with my daughter:

child: My friend Amanda said we shouldn't vote for Obama because he's going to take away our guns.

me: Honey, we don't have any guns.

child: Good point.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
2008 conversation with my daughter:

child: My friend Amanda said we shouldn't vote for Obama because he's going to take away our guns.

me: Honey, we don't have any guns.

child: Good point.
Sometime later...

Amanda: My friend says they don't have anything to worry about because they don't own guns.

Amanda's Parents: Hmm, we should buy them a gun so that can be scared of Obama like us.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Other top secret evil plans Obama has for his second term as evidenced by him not doing them so far:

Doubling the minimum wage and then providing a loophole to all businesses to get 50% off.
Outlawing the possession of pre-bent straw cowboys hats made famous by Bret Michaels of Poison.
Mandatory bicep tattoos for everyone.
Prohibiting the use of unicycles in all national forest land.
Creating a private army consisting of fast food workers and newspaper delivery personnel.
Your new Secretary of State... Gary Busey.
Every Thursday is "Drive on the Left Side of the Road Day" in honor of our European allies.