NRA mocks David Hog for protesting with armed security

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Did you hear about the pro-2nd amendment group at hoggs school?

they exist.

they got 0 coverage, but you expect them to be part of a solution?

Furthermore, what is this "solution" "reasonable gun laws", what about the 20000 we have now, are they not reasonable? the point being we hear that term badnied about yet no one says what they are.
I can't speak about all 20000 laws that I haven't read and don't have time to. But I believe that we should always strive to improve. Do you think that right now, as it is, is the best we can ever do?

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
I can't speak about all 20000 laws that I haven't read and don't have time to. But I believe that we should always strive to improve. Do you think that right now, as it is, is the best we can ever do?

oh no. I'd be for certain laws, including a suspension of being able to own a gun if you are on certain medications for example.

When I say that though, I get "no way that's not legal you cant do that. ban the ar15!~!~~"

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Armed guards are expensive. How does this grassroots movement that is entirely a plucky band of kids afford that?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
oh no. I'd be for certain laws, including a suspension of being able to own a gun if you are on certain medications for example.

When I say that though, I get "no way that's not legal you cant do that. ban the ar15!~!~~"
This is why we need more communication though... common sense eventually comes out. But not if anti gun and pro gun peeps only circle their wagons and fight each other. At the end of the day, we can agree on some things and we certainly all want crime to be reduced.

Jul 2011
“Stay Down”
This is why we need more communication though... common sense eventually comes out. But not if anti gun and pro gun peeps only circle their wagons and fight each other. At the end of the day, we can agree on some things and we certainly all want crime to be reduced.

The issue is distrust. for example when people say to you "reasonable gun control" but wont articulate it but thank every call for confiscation there is mistrust. many of the people who;'s mantra has been "reasonable gun control" have also called for confiscation.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
The issue is distrust. for example when people say to you "reasonable gun control" but wont articulate it but thank every call for confiscation there is mistrust. many of the people who;'s mantra has been "reasonable gun control" have also called for confiscation.
Oh, I mistrust those guys for sure. Or at best, "trust but verify" to borrow from Reagan. In California the anti gun folks have been terrible. My favorite example has to do with bullet buttons. Years ago they wanted bullet buttons to slow down rapid reloading of semi rifles. Recently they required all rifles with bullet buttons to be registered as assault weapons because bullet buttons allow for quick reloading of rifles... the exact opposite of what bullet buttons do... and they know it.

So yeah... I'm with you on the trust worthiness of some or perhaps many, gun control types. But I think we still want to be part of the solution if we want to like the solution.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I have NEVER thanked a call for confiscation and I have NEVER called for it myself.