NY JETS OWNER, 'feel free to take a knee players' I'll pay the fine!

Jul 2015
Florida
My kinda guy!! Not just do it quietly but tell the world he will.

[FONT=&amp]NY Jets Owner says if any player ‘takes a knee’ he’ll pay the NFL fine
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

NEW CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT
23 MAY 2018 AT 17:50 ET
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

New York Jets Owner Christopher Johnson
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&amp]

Christopher Johnson has just told his players to feel free to take a knee. The New York Jets co-owner says he disagrees with the NFL’s new policy banning players from protesting police violence and killings of Black people by kneeling during the national anthem.

“I do not like imposing any club-specific rules,” Johnson says, as reported by Newsday. “If somebody [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players.”

I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players,” Johnson continued. “Do I prefer that they stand? Of course. But I understand if they felt the need to protest. There are some big, complicated issues that we’re all struggling with, and our players are on the front lines. I don’t want to come down on them like a ton of bricks, and I won’t. There will be no club fines or suspensions or any sort of repercursions...

[/FONT][/FONT]https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/ny-jets-owner-says-player-takes-knee-hell-pay-nfl-fine/

[FONT=&amp]One of my favorites. One of our Florida owners, the Jaguars, did this--in LONDON at the peak of Trump's trumped up anti-patriotic BULLSHIT!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
The next rule change will be that any player can take a knee, but once they do, they are disqualified from playing that day's game. They will be paid, but they cannot compete. Let's see how long owners want these players on the team, and if they do, they get to compete with a disadvantage. It should be fun!

Oct 2011
Washington State
The next rule change will be that any player can take a knee, but once they do, they are disqualified from playing that day's game. They will be paid, but they cannot compete. Let's see how long owners want these players on the team, and if they do, they get to compete with a disadvantage. It should be fun!
Let's see if the NFL Players Union says we don't like the new rule and were going on strike. That would be interesting.

Reactions: 5 people
Jul 2015
Florida
What a bunch of wusses! Can't stand a little free thinking?

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
Virtue signaling... its not just for snowflake Liberal college students any more.

Reactions: 1 person

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Virtue signaling... its not just for snowflake Liberal college students any more.
Sorry. You have the wrong term. How is it signaling virtue to protest police misconduct? Or do you think the owners are virtue signaling by standing up for someone's idea of patriotism? Someone in that mix is a snowflake, for sure.

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
Sorry. You have the wrong term. How is it signaling virtue to protest police misconduct?
Widespread police misconduct is a myth. Has it happened... yes. Is it epidemic... absolutely not.

Refusing to stand for the National Anthem over a very few incidences of misconduct is so much "virtue signaling".

Sep 2013
On a hill
lovers of liberty thinking up ways to compel compliance - i love it!

Reactions: 3 people

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Widespread police misconduct is a myth. Has it happened... yes. Is it epidemic... absolutely not.

Refusing to stand for the National Anthem over a very few incidences of misconduct is so much "virtue signaling".
American police have a poor track record when compared with police in other countries. They are trained to dominate, not diffuse, any given situation.

The treatment of black men by the police and every other aspect of the criminal justice system is problematic, at best. If you don't know this, you haven't been paying attention. Or maybe you think black men are just a bunch of whiners who don't know how to act? Is that why they have such a problem>?

It's not virtue signaling because there's nothing particularly virtuous about not standing for the National Anthen. It doesn't become even arguably virtuous at all until someone is made to suffer for it--in what we call a "free country." It's not like they are going out and building houses for victims of police misconduct or something. The rules and complaints about the kneeling are the only thing that infuses it with any sort of virtue. You're doing that in this very thread.