NY State REP legislator forbidden to hire INTERNS after asking one for NUDE PICS

Jul 2015
Florida
You know, if you have to KEEP a lawmaker from hiring interns, it might be time to FIRE the SOB! Just saying. And what's to keep him from asking other lawmakers INTERNS for nude pictures of themselves and then OUTING THEM when they make a complaint??

NY state lawmaker prohibited from having interns after sexual harassment allegation

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]BY JOSH DELK - 11/29/17 03:21 PM EST[/FONT] 26[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

© Getty Images

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]A New York state lawmaker will no longer be allowed to employ any interns, after the state assembly ethics committee found him guilty of violating its sexual harassment policy.

The committee presented its findings and officially sanctioned Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin (R) on Wednesday, ABC News 10 reports. According to the report, McLaughlin violated the policy last year by asking a female legislative staffer for nude photos.

McLaughlin also violated the committee's confidentiality policy by releasing her name when she filed a complaint over the harassment, and later lied to investigators that he had no knowledge of the accusations, according to The Associated Press. McLaughlin issued a statement denying the allegations as a politically motivated attack on his legal career by members of the ethics committee
[/FONT]...

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/362402-ny-state-lawmaker-prohibited-from-having-interns-after-sexual[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Nov 2014
North Carolina
You know, if you have to KEEP a lawmaker from hiring interns, it might be time to FIRE the SOB! Just saying. And what's to keep him from asking other lawmakers INTERNS for nude pictures of themselves and then OUTING THEM when they make a complaint??

NY state lawmaker prohibited from having interns after sexual harassment allegation

[FONT=&][FONT=&]BY JOSH DELK - 11/29/17 03:21 PM EST[/FONT] 26[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

© Getty Images

[FONT=&][FONT=&]A New York state lawmaker will no longer be allowed to employ any interns, after the state assembly ethics committee found him guilty of violating its sexual harassment policy.

The committee presented its findings and officially sanctioned Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin (R) on Wednesday, ABC News 10 reports. According to the report, McLaughlin violated the policy last year by asking a female legislative staffer for nude photos.

McLaughlin also violated the committee's confidentiality policy by releasing her name when she filed a complaint over the harassment, and later lied to investigators that he had no knowledge of the accusations, according to The Associated Press. McLaughlin issued a statement denying the allegations as a politically motivated attack on his legal career by members of the ethics committee
[/FONT]...

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/362402-ny-state-lawmaker-prohibited-from-having-interns-after-sexual[FONT=&]

[/FONT]
I would consider asking for a nude pic to be relatively harmless - especially if it was done in good fun. Is that really what counts for sexual harassment these days?

What a pampered overly-sensitive society we have become. How on earth did any of these people make it through high school without being traumatized?

Lying to investigators is a little more serious - though considering the nature of the questions and the circumstances I'm still not inclined to favor a serious punishment.

Last edited:

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I would consider asking for a nude pic to be relatively harmless - especially if it was done in good fun. Is that really what counts for sexual harassment these days?

What a pampered overly-sensitive society we have become. How on earth did any of these people make it through high school without being traumatized.

Lying to investigators is a little more serious - though considering the nature of the questions and the circumstances I'm still not inclined to favor a serious punishment.
^^^Part of the problem^^^

Last edited:

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA

What a pampered overly-sensitive society we have become. How on earth did any of these people make it through high school without being traumatized?

Asking for a nude photo is insulting to women. Think about this, a woman goes to college while making sacrifices. It is also a huge investment. This is the thanks they get for doing the right thing? Please send a pic of your boobs with your resume? Women like to be taken seriously in the workforce, asking for a nude pic starts the job off on the wrong foot...non serious. How would you feel if a female manager asked for a pic of you naked as a part of the resume review?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
^^^Part of the problwm^^^
Am I suppose to care if you think I'm "part of the problem"?

Because I'm sorry to inform you that I don't if you are expecting that I do.

The problem here as I see it is we are becoming a society of literal weaklings who can no longer handle even the slightest bit of sexual innuendo without screaming harassment.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Asking for a nude photo is insulting to women. Think about this, a woman goes to college while making sacrifices. It is also a huge investment. This is the thanks they get for doing the right thing? Please send a pic of your boobs with your resume? Women like to be taken seriously in the workforce, asking for a nude pic starts the job off on the wrong foot...non serious. How would you feel if a female manager asked for a pic of you naked as a part of the resume review?
Was this done as part of the resume?

My comment was premised on it being done in good fun.

If it was a request on a resume then I of course would not approve. No one - male or female - should be expected to provide a naked picture of themselves for an internship. lol

However - it was just office banter - then no, I don't see this as a big deal at all - nor would I take offense.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Was this done as part of the resume?

My comment was based on the context of it being done in good fun.

If was a request on a resume then I of course would not approve.
There is nothing "good fun" asking for a nude photo of a woman in the workplace. It is creepy and insulting.