NYPD, Feds Testing Gun-Scanning Technology, But Civil Liberties Groups Up In Arms

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Last edited:
Sep 2011
Not the South, thank God

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
um....why should I care if the police have a scanner that can detect guns?most folks in NYC don't have handgun carry permits, so chances are if they detect you have a gun..its illegal.
What about the constitutional issue? What are we, guilty until proven innocent?

Reactions: sparsely
Sep 2011
Not the South, thank God
What about the constitutional issue? What are we, guilty until proven innocent?
what Constitutional issue? no one is being patted down, detained, stopped. why do you want criminals to walk the streets of NYC, armed to kill?

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
what Constitutional issue? no one is being patted down, detained, stopped. why do you want criminals to walk the streets of NYC, armed to kill?
I see, huh weird, looking under ones clothes using an xray machine is OK because strip searches are not pat downs.

Wrong pal. It is against the 4th at least, I think I could make an argument that is also violates the 5th.

I see, now it is 'I want criminals to walk down the streets armed', you think this will stop them then you probably think the war on drugs eradicated drugs from the streets.

Sep 2011
Not the South, thank God
...I see, now it is 'I want criminals to walk down the streets armed',....
Hey, I live in NYC. Its my damn city. If the police find a new tool to keep our city safer, good for them. Maybe this new technology will make criminals keep their guns at home. All these civil-liberties Jihadists are really just Useful Idiots for the criminals.

Reactions: Thx1138

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
Hey, I live in NYC. Its my damn city. If the police find a new tool to keep our city safer, good for them. Maybe this new technology will make criminals keep their guns at home. All these civil-liberties Jihadists are really just Useful Idiots for the criminals.
Civil liberty Jihadist, what a lame ass comment. Useful idiots for the criminals. I see, you don't trust your self or fellow Americans, you hate them and yourself. You libs crack me up, you call people who defend your rights terrorist.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
By the way, had you not such restricting gun laws, your streets might be safer....oh they would be.

Sep 2011
Not the South, thank God
By the way, had you not such restricting gun laws, your streets might be safer....oh they would be.
we are the safest big city in the USA. guess you didn't know that huh? In fact, we are MUCH safer than many other cities that have much looser guns laws.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
we are the safest big city in the USA. guess you didn't know that huh? In fact, we are MUCH safer than many other cities that have much looser guns laws.
New York Crime Rates 1960 - 2010

Really I guess if you are not one of the 28K robbed, or one of the 866 murder victims, or one of the 75 thousand violent crime victims you might see it that way.