NYT: The Crisis Is in the Oval Office

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
This is a good paragraph, too:

While Mr. Trump proved a wily campaigner and political street fighter, as president he has been painfully out of his element. Two years in, he remains ill suited to the complicated, thankless, often grinding work of leading the nation. Governance clearly bores him, as do policy details both foreign and domestic. He has proved a poor judge of talent. He prefers grandstanding to negotiating, and he continues to have trouble with the whole concept of checks and balances. While the Republican base remains enamored of him, most of the electorate has grown weary of his outrages and antics.

Although saying "he continues to have trouble with the whole concept of checks and balances" is enough of an understatement to be downright amusing.
Right now I think a good share of his base hate to admit they were wrong. But when his actions hit home they will fade away.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
This is a good paragraph, too:

While Mr. Trump proved a wily campaigner and political street fighter, as president he has been painfully out of his element. Two years in, he remains ill suited to the complicated, thankless, often grinding work of leading the nation. Governance clearly bores him, as do policy details both foreign and domestic. He has proved a poor judge of talent. He prefers grandstanding to negotiating, and he continues to have trouble with the whole concept of checks and balances. While the Republican base remains enamored of him, most of the electorate has grown weary of his outrages and antics.

Although saying "he continues to have trouble with the whole concept of checks and balances" is enough of an understatement to be downright amusing.
Wiley with a whole lot of help from Russian propaganda and money.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
The OP is pure, self delusional propaganda.

Trump is a failure of the kind of style that the elites prefer.

His appeal is to the unwashed whom you consistently label as unworthy.

Those unworthy VOTERS want him to keep on nominating conservative judges and kicking the media's ass.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

Those unworthy VOTERS want him to keep on nominating conservative judges and kicking the media's ass.
Most of those voters you talk about just enjoy the fact Trump speaks just like them!

You know,the kind on welfare who screech about others getting something for nothing?

Reminds me of JD Vance book about the neighbor,a life long welfare recipient screeching about others wanting something for nothing. I was in his hometown of Middletown last week.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

Kmiller, face it, you know Trump embarrasses you. Much too smart to believe that crap.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.

LOL. I'm sure you don't believe that. You would have had a better shot with "uneducated."

But the truth is, he only appeals to those who are deathly afraid of the coming day when white voters will be a minority in the U.S.

I bet that was a Stephen Miller line.

That guy gives me the CREEPS, by the way....
I agree.

Definitely Miller.