NYT Times investigation on Benghazi attack - back to Square one ?

Nov 2013
NY
The NYT came out with an intensive report on their investigation of the Benghazi attack on 9/11/2012.

Their findings go back to pretty much what was said early on, mixed information, mixed incidents leading up to the attack itself.. and, surprisingly, no link to Al Qaeda at all.

Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault. The attack was led, instead, by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s extensive air power and logistics support during the uprising against Colonel Qaddafi. And contrary to claims by some members of Congress, it was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.
A Deadly Mix in Benghazi - The New York Times

Maybe the administration's talking points from 5 days after the attack actually DID reflect what they knew for sure back then... and maybe - but i don't think so - FoxNews will at some point let go of their 24/7 "Benghazi Conspiracy".

But then, where would all our "traitor / murderer" posters be left if that would happen ?

May 2012
By the wall
Still doesn't give Hillary a pass for ignoring security warnings.

That is her department and she is responsible for it. There was obviously a screw-up somewhere and its her fault because that is part of what we pay her to do.

She needs to make sure the system in place is adequate to protect our people overseas.

She failed unequivocally at that and it will seriously bite her on the ass if she runs for president.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
The NY Times is grandstanding, just like CBS did. They don't know anything more than you or I do, and there's been little to nothing new in the last several months. I smell disinformation. But I don't have time for the due diligence right now. Maybe later.

Sep 2012
SoCal
Still doesn't give Hillary a pass for ignoring security warnings.

That is her department and she is responsible for it. There was obviously a screw-up somewhere and its her fault because that is part of what we pay her to do.

She needs to make sure the system in place is adequate to protect our people overseas.

She failed unequivocally at that and it will seriously bite her on the ass if she runs for president.
Pffffft...

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I just flashed a mental picture of Christie trying to take a bite out of HRC's ass. 450 pounds of pork and mouth.

Aug 2012
Typical lefty debating point. Despite the fact that many of the members fought along side al Qeada in Afghanistan, and that they are driven by the exact same goals, they were not "al Qeada" because they called themselves Ansar al-Sharia. It's (essentially) the same argument the ("we're not Marxist") left uses on economics - while they believe in Marx's "crisis of capitalism," and endorse wealth redistribution as a method for countering it, they are "capitalists" becaouse they don't refer to themselves as "Marxist." If the shoe fits...