O Yes, We Have No Bananas

Mar 2019
California
I DO put in slices of banana, and then put the ice cream all over and above and around those banana slices. I don't need different flavors of ice cream. I like banana-flavored ice cream. It's delicious. And Chunky Monkey already HAS walnuts mixed in. Got to be more than ONE cherry, I like LOTS of them. The chocolate sauce on a banana split can be hot fudge, right? I like that better than pineapple sauce, certainly, and better than strawberry sauce too. [Do LOVE me some strawberries, though!] Skip the whipped cream, it DETRACTS from the finished creation.
What I described was the Traditional . Like it was made at Baskin-Robbins when I was young. Why CHANGE perfection?

Jan 2016
Colorado
What I described was the Traditional . Like it was made at Baskin-Robbins when I was young. Why CHANGE perfection?
Yeah, I had those, too. I like my version better. That's all. You could also get butterscotch sauce on one of those scoops of ice cream, at Baskin Robbins, you know. I would do that, instead of the pineapple sauce. Or hot caramel sauce. I think that was an option, too. But yes, you could get three different kinds of sauce, one for each scoop of ice cream.

May 2007
your place
The banana is one step closer to disappearing

Banana agriculture is itself partly to blame for the potential of the fungus to spread. Commercial plantations grow almost exclusively one clonal variety, called the Cavendish; these plants’ identical genetics mean they are also identically susceptible to disease. The practice of growing crops with limited genetic diversity—technically called monoculture—aids in cheap and efficient commercial agriculture and marketing, but it leaves food systems dangerously vulnerable to disease epidemics.

Jan 2016
Colorado
The banana is one step closer to disappearing

Banana agriculture is itself partly to blame for the potential of the fungus to spread. Commercial plantations grow almost exclusively one clonal variety, called the Cavendish; these plants’ identical genetics mean they are also identically susceptible to disease. The practice of growing crops with limited genetic diversity—technically called monoculture—aids in cheap and efficient commercial agriculture and marketing, but it leaves food systems dangerously vulnerable to disease epidemics.
Exactimundo! And just yet another reason why we humans here on Spaceship Earth are in trouble. Mother Nature is going to bite back.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Oh boy. I'm gonna hafta go to the store, to get myself some bananas, and some Maraschino cherries, and some Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream. I've done it to myself. Given meself an awful craving, me has.

Think I've already got the hot fudge......
This is exactly what I am going to do in the morning when I go grocery shopping. I am going to make your banana split this weekend. It sounds delicious. I might add some pineapple, whip cream topping and crushed nuts.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Not only are bananas good for potassium, I drink a big glass of iced coconut water with several lemon slices after working out. And I treat myself to a couple of slices of dried organic mango.
I gave the coconut water a chance. The bottle in the store was calling out to me. I thought it would taste sweeter or something. It doesn't taste like the bottle. :)

Mar 2018
Florida
I gave the coconut water a chance. The bottle in the store was calling out to me. I thought it would taste sweeter or something. It doesn't taste like the bottle. :)
I put it in a glass with lots of ice and squeeze in several lemon slices. After working out I am so parched (even though w drink water during ) and the coconut water makes me feel so much better.