OAN network files $10M defamation lawsuit against MSNBC and Rachel Maddow

Nov 2018
Maryland
Proof?

He admitted it.

“The lawsuit includes a statement from Kristian Rouz that said he wrote some 1,300 articles over the past 4 ½ years for Sputnik but “’I have never written propaganda, disinformation, or unverified information.’”
Ok. So, he admitted he never wrote propaganda, disinformation or unverified information. So, what is the problem?

Point to his articles that were slams on the U.S. like we see from the WaCompost and the NY Slimes?

Nov 2018
Maryland
Why does that matter? Assuming that you are correct about her being a freelancer, she still had a business relationship with that disreputable source.
The lawsuit is more than just the smearing of this writer. Also, does everything that Sputnik puts out is a lie and must not be read? Are you afraid to read them because you think it's a lie? How about all of the propaganda and lies that WaCompost and the NY Slimes have put out about Trump. You know, like Russian/Trump collusion??

Unless MSNBC and Maddow can prove that the writer was lying, then perhaps Maddow is the one who is lying. Ever think about that?

Nov 2018
Maryland
Even the Washington Examiner came back a couple of hours later and said the suit was bullshit.

OAN's wacko lawsuit against Rachel Maddow

OAN is wrong for reasons of both fact and law.

For a start, OAN and Sputnik, a western-focused Kremlin propaganda outlet, do (or recently did) share the same employee, Kristian Rouz. That alone protects MSNBC from the "actual malice" legal standard that OAN must prove in court. Namely, that MSNBC knew their claims were false, or entertained serious doubts to the claims. But that's not all.

After all, as I've explained, OAN's coverage does not simply align with Russian propaganda through Rouz. The network's reporting from Syria, for example, has at times reflected near-textbook Russian government disinformation (what the Russians regard as their special art form of "dezinformatsiya," or disinformation). More tragic, OAN's Syria coverage has supported Russian efforts to conceal deliberate chemical weapons attacks on civilian population centers. These reporting connection points, even if not coordinated, are sufficient to provide MSNBC with an almost indestructible defense to OAN's claims.

In short, OAN has a very weak case.

Cue @spyydrr
Well, we shall see. I realize you may think it's perfectly ok to smear another news outlet, who actually is not a propaganda outlet for the Democrat Party, like MSNBC, but Maddow's big mouth may have finally put her and her network in hot water.

Nov 2018
Maryland
WAKE UP! WAKE UP! Out there in "dirty diaper Don's" trouble land. All of you are missing the point on how this all got started. That little
bedroom printed press newspaper in Diego land is a news report that "dirty diaper Don" subscribes too, and when "dirty diaper Don" read that Rachel Maddow's made her comments on air, he contacted the small two person printshop and ask them to sue Maddow's, MSNBC, and whoever to get back his hate for what he calls "fake news" and get a few dollars he really needs to pay his lawyers.
Newsflash: Don is not the one suing Big Mouth Maddow and Maddow claimed that the said writer was used by Russia to influence the election. I would love to see her proof.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that the propaganda networks that work for the Democrat Party, to try and defeat Republicans, are...……...drum roll...…….drum roll...…..
CNN and MSNBC!!!!

May 2019
midwest
the bull59 said:

the bull59 said:

I wonder who this person's attorney is and if the law degree rec'd was from Trump U. That is a very telling statement admitting writing for a Russian propaganda outfit. smh.

Ok. Substitute Liberty U Law School. It still IS a mistake to admit writing for the Russian propaganda outfit....defeats the basis for the lawsuit.

Dont think so. Making the leap they did is where the suit comes in
That is covered under Fed. Rule of Civ. Procedure 11.
:cool:

Sep 2016
My own world
The lawsuit is more than just the smearing of this writer. Also, does everything that Sputnik puts out is a lie and must not be read? Are you afraid to read them because you think it's a lie? How about all of the propaganda and lies that WaCompost and the NY Slimes have put out about Trump. You know, like Russian/Trump collusion??

Unless MSNBC and Maddow can prove that the writer was lying, then perhaps Maddow is the one who is lying. Ever think about that?
You being paid to be here and do this type of pump all things Putin and his buddies want you to?