Obama’s barrage of complete sentences seen as brutal attack on trump

Feb 2007
In my mind
Complete sentences, logic, thought, coherent points in a logical sequence to convey a particular ethos.

Obama?s Barrage of Complete Sentences Seen as Brutal Attack on Trump - The New Yorker

[FONT=&quot]In an appearance at the University of Chicago on Monday, former President Barack Obama unloaded a relentless barrage of complete sentences in what was widely seen as a brutal attack on his successor, Donald Trump.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Appearing at his first public event since leaving office, Obama fired off a punishing fusillade of grammatically correct sentences, the likes of which the American people have not heard from the White House since he departed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“He totally restricted his speech to complete sentences,” Tracy Klugian, a student at the event, said. “It was the most vicious takedown of Trump I’d ever seen.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“About five or six sentences in, I noticed that all of his sentences had both nouns and verbs in them,” Carol Foyler, another student, said. “I couldn’t believe he was going after Trump like that.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Obama’s blistering deployment of complete sentences clearly got under the skin of their intended target, who, moments after the event, responded with an angry tweet: “Obama bad (or sick) guy. Failing. Sad!”[/FONT]

Reactions: 1 person