Obama’s Claim That He Did Not Raise Taxes Is Rejected As ‘Blatantly False’ by Taxpaye

Jul 2011
President Obama’s assertion on Sunday that he “didn’t raise taxes once” is “blatantly false,” a taxpayer watchdog group says. Obama made the claim in his pre-Super Bowl interview with Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

According to Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), President Obama has signed into law at least two dozen tax increases. The first one – a federal tobacco tax hike – came just 16 days into his presidency.

ATR says the $1 trillion health care overhaul alone added numerous taxes, including the individual mandate that requires most Americans to purchase health insurance or else pay a fine.

read more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/oba...icle/obama-s-claim-he-did-not-raise-taxes-rej
So. Is Obama a liar? Or do you think he really, truly believes what he says?

Either way, he's bad news for the American People and the United States of America.

Dec 2009
ATR says the $1 trillion health care overhaul alone added numerous taxes, including the individual mandate that requires most Americans to purchase health insurance or else pay a fine.
That's not a raise in taxes....

MajikMyst

Former Staff
Mar 2010
Seattle Wa.
Page not found
The requested page could not be found

How typical... You better find a new link.. That one has been pulled.. Faulty information I am thinking..

Jul 2011
Page not found
The requested page could not be found

How typical... You better find a new link.. That one has been pulled.. Faulty information I am thinking..
No.. And neither have you.. So what of it??
LOL!!! Not faulty at all...they only changed the article's url. Use this one: Obama

Are you really interested in a run-down on the new taxes in Obamacare? I don't think you are, but just in case...here's a link with a list: Obamacare Packs Crushing New Taxes

So, denying MM, show us your tinfoil hat again, eh?

Dec 2009
What should I think of an article where the authors cannot distinguish a fine from tax, and the link to it doesn't even work?

Feb 2011
happyfunville
That's not a raise in taxes....
Funny, the Obama administration disagrees:
Administration officials say the tax argument is a linchpin of their legal case in defense of the health care overhaul and its individual mandate, now being challenged in court by more than 20 states and several private organizations. . . .
In a brief defending the law, the Justice Department says the requirement for people to carry insurance or pay the penalty is “a valid exercise” of Congress’s power to impose taxes.
The Volokh Conspiracy
As do Democrats in the Senate Finance Committee:
President Obama's effort to deny that his mandate to buy insurance is a tax has taken another thumping, this time from fellow Democrats in the Senate Finance Committee.
Chairman Max Baucus's bill includes the so-called individual mandate, along with what he calls a $1,900 "excise tax" if you don't buy health insurance.
Individual Mandate Is a Tax - WSJ.com