Obama: ‘That’s right — I care’

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Obama: ‘That’s right — I care’
By David Nakamura

DALLAS — It took him a while, but President Obama finally has a snappy comeback for Republican rivals who derisively refer to his 2009 health-care law as “Obamacare.”

“Folks go around saying ‘Obamacare.’ That’s right -- I care,” the president said at a fundraising luncheon in Dallas on Tuesday. He added of Republicans: “That’s their main agenda? That’s your plank? Is making sure 30 million people don’t have health insurance?”

(snip ... )

On each leg of his nationwide tour to promote his Americans Jobs Act, Obama has tried out new lines to blunt his rivals’ criticisms. For example, when Republicans accused Obama of engaging in “class warfare” for proposing to raise taxes on higher-income Americans to pay for his jobs plan, Obama embraced the term.

“The Republicans in Congress call this class warfare,” the president said during a speech in Ohio last month. “Well you know what? If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as plumber or teacher makes me a warrior for the middle class, I’ll wear that charge as a badge of honor.”

Obama and his aides have consistently defended the health-care law by stating that 1 million young people have health insurance because they are now allowed to remain on their parents’ insurance plans.

more: Obama: ‘That’s right — I care’ - 44 - The Washington Post

Okay, I like this one too. First Eliz Warren, with her comment about Scott Brown being named Wall Street's fave Senator by Forbes, now this. Two awesome lines in a row. :)

Reactions: Hollywood

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
That's pretty good. He's going to have to keep this up until the election.

Reactions: jackalope
Jun 2011
Obamacare started out as a derisive term, but you know what? If Obama is smart he WILL turn that to his advantage. First off, it bears his name and unless you think that the Obama 'brand' is a negative brand ab initio, then you know what? Stick with it. I say the same thing for tea baggers.

This is the country that adopted 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' -

Sticks and Stones!

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Obamacare started out as a derisive term, but you know what? If Obama is smart he WILL turn that to his advantage. First off, it bears his name and unless you think that the Obama 'brand' is a negative brand ab initio, then you know what? Stick with it. I say the same thing for tea baggers.

This is the country that adopted 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' -

Sticks and Stones!

Yep! I agree :)