Obama Analyst Says...

Jul 2011
Son-of-Stimulus Will Create "Drag on Economy"

Barack Obama is flitting around the country imploring "Pass the Bill." The bill he's referring to is the American Jobs Act – aka: the Son-of-Stimulus. The plan calls for $447 billion in temporary spending and $1.5 trillion in permanent taxes. The President sprinkles all his speeches with frequent claims that his plan will create 1.9 million jobs.

However, any bump from all that spending will quickly be offset by the burden of all those taxes. In fact, by 2013 Son-of-Stimulus will create a "drag on the economy," and by 2015 we will be stuck in "the same place" as if Obama's plan were ignored.

And that, my friends, isn't the conclusion of one of Obama's growing number of critics. That's the conclusion of Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody's Analytics. Most significantly, Zandi is the private industry analyst hand-picked by Barack Obama to help sell Son-of-Stimulus to Congress and the American people.

If "drag on the economy" is the nicest thing his own economic expert can say about the plan, it pretty well sums up why Son-of-Stimulus is likely headed for the trash bin on Capitol Hill.

read more at: Obama Analyst Says Son-of-Stimulus Will Create "Drag on Economy" - Page 1 - Bob Beauprez - Townhall Finance
LOL!!!

As usual, Obama doesn't care who he tries to game as long as he gets what he wants...not even his own hand-picked economic expert.

Can anyone seriously consider Son of Stimulus a good thing? Mr. Zandi doesn't.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
LOL!!!

As usual, Obama doesn't care who he tries to game as long as he gets what he wants...not even his own hand-picked economic expert.

Can anyone seriously consider Son of Stimulus a good thing? Mr. Zandi doesn't.
Your post is full of half-truths. Here's another take on Zandi's forecast:
“The plan would add 2 percentage points to GDP growth next year, add 1.9 million jobs, and cut the unemployment rate by a percentage point.”

To be sure, Zandi is not totally smitten with the plan, arguing that it doesn’t adequately deal with the “ongoing foreclosure crisis and housing slump”—two things, he writes, that are “major impediments to the recovery.” On the bright side, it “would go along way toward stabilizing confidence, forestalling another recession, and jump-starting a self-sustaining economic expansion.”
Mark Zandi: Obama plan would add 1.9 million jobs - The Washington Post

So the stimulus would do little in the out years, but a stimulus is not an on-going program--it is by its nature short term. And it's better than doing nothing, or worse, contracting the economy further--which appears to be the Republican plan. Zandi's criticism is not that it's a bad idea, but that it doesn't go far enough and that there are other issues that need to be dealt with that the president's plan doesn't address.

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
oh... when I read the title i thought it was a different kind of analyst and the report would be about Obamas bouts of megolmania and his delusions of grandeur.

my mistake

Jul 2011
Your post is full of half-truths. Here's another take on Zandi's forecast: Mark Zandi: Obama plan would add 1.9 million jobs - The Washington Post

So the stimulus would do little in the out years, but a stimulus is not an on-going program--it is by its nature short term. And it's better than doing nothing, or worse, contracting the economy further--which appears to be the Republican plan. Zandi's criticism is not that it's a bad idea, but that it doesn't go far enough and that there are other issues that need to be dealt with that the president's plan doesn't address.
Your link refers to statements made by Zandi the day after Obama announced his plan and before he called for the tax increases. My link refers to Zandi's opinions AFTER Obama revealed his proposed tax increases.

The tax increases changed the whole situation...as Zandi, himself, says.

(did you even read the article I linked?)