Obama meets with wealthy donors in DC

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
It's too bad politicians have to spend so much time with people who can spend $35K for a meal. Nobody gets elected president without fundraisers like this one.

Dec 2011
Seattle
freecell said:
Obama meets with wealthy donors in DC :: WRAL.com

President Barack Obama has spent time with around 25 wealthy donors who paid $35,800 each to talk with him behind closed doors at a Washington hotel.

Thoughts?
Yeah; he's a near perfect politician. He leverages every advantage, and makes no mistakes.

If he put a fraction of that talent to work on leadership of the policies he espouses, I'd be much happier.

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
It's too bad politicians have to spend so much time with people who can spend $35K for a meal. Nobody gets elected president without fundraisers like this one.
Hey I am not saying others haven't done the same thing. Be nice if the price wasn't so high and more people could attend and he could actually listen to common peoples problems.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Too much money in politics. Not much you can do though when some people claim money is speech.

Reactions: Rasselas

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
Hey I am not saying others haven't done the same thing. Be nice if the price wasn't so high and more people could attend and he could actually listen to common peoples problems.
It's not like fundraisers are the only events he attends. Something tells me he appreciates the problems of common people far more than any of his potential opponents. Just listen to them all talk.