Obama now upside down in CNN Polling: Dems Doomed?

Feb 2010

CNN poll: Majority disapprove of Obama for first time

the Fire Nancy Pelosi site the RNC just threw up is already registering over $800,000.

Opposition to the Healthcare Bill in the latest Rasmussen, 54 percent; Fox News/Opinion Dynamics, 55 percent; Public Policy Polling, 49 percent; NBC/Wall Street Journal, 48 percent; Pew, 48 percent; Gallup, 48 percent; Newsweek, 49 percent; Public Opinion Strategies, 52 percent.

Favorable polling for Nancy Pelosi is 11%, and only 8% for Reid.

Democrats put the pistol to their head and pulled the trigger, in a put-it-all-on-black roll. if this thing stays in place, then they win long term; changing the populations' relationship with the state will tilt US politics permanently in their favor. If, however, the backlash forming above is strong enough to overturn it... they will have consolidated and expanded the Reagan Revolution as thoroughly as the Great Society did for the New Deal.

:D Exciting Times.

Mar 2010
Wait for Wednesday's approval numbers, when the passage of health-care is factored in. And the health care bill numbers are essentially meaningless, as liberals like me are counted as disapproving of the bill, even though we are not opposed to it, and are very much in favor of health care reform, as is upwards of 2/3rds of the population.

Feb 2010
I'm not so sure, while he berates the Supreme Court on their ruling on campaign finance during the State of the Union, you must find these fun facts fro the Canadians.

Obama Administration Restores ACORN Funding

And then there is this lil gem on Student loans

It was only last spring when Obama made clear that he was expecting a fight over the biggest change in the federal student-loan program since its 1965 creation. "The banks and the lenders who have reaped a windfall ... have mobilized an army of lobbyists to try to keep things the way they are," he said in April. "They are gearing up for battle. So am I."
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1924128,00.html#ixzz0ixoPoUSO

More criticism of profit, more demonizing banks, anyone counting %'s of how much of our economy is now being run by the federal government? No?
Anyone crying foul that ACORN is having funds returned to it?

K

katiegrrl0

His approval rating is still pretty high. When a big deal is made out of something that happens the next few days the poll numbers take a hit.

Mar 2010
Wait for Wednesday's approval numbers, when the passage of health-care is factored in. And the health care bill numbers are essentially meaningless, as liberals like me are counted as disapproving of the bill, even though we are not opposed to it, and are very much in favor of health care reform, as is upwards of 2/3rds of the population.
Yup. Last I saw the nubers were 39% approving of the bill and 13% believing it is not liberal enough.
That's 52%.

It's also worth noting that disapproval of the president and Democrats is still nothing compared to disapproval of Republicans.

C

CrusaderRabbit08

The only polls that count are the ones in November called voting. The rest are a waste of time.

Mar 2010
Don't know about you, but I'm reminding the others that polls are irrelevant :woot:
Depends on what you're trying to measure and the methodology.
They aren't useful for predicting elections, but they give a snapshot of public opinion.
Since public opinion does not remain static, polls are really only useful when repeated and used to measure trends. And, I guess, even then there utility is limited to academic interest.