Obama says he can't fix immigration on his own

Jun 2011
They don't want to.

I mean, illegal immigration is ubiquitous, its everywhere, you can even, at least in many instances enforce tax laws that are being evaded coincident to the employ of illegal aliens.

But even with az's sb1079, the federal government's argument is that az's policy of 'attrition' conflicts with the policy of the federal government.

And make no mistake about it, it won't get fixed any time soon because after all, what's better than a second class citizen? A second class NON-citizen.....that's who....

Last edited:

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
They don't want to.

I mean, illegal immigration is ubiquitous, its everywhere, you can even, at least in many instances enforce tax laws that are being evaded coincident to the employ of illegal aliens.

But even with az's sb1079, the federal government's argument is that az's policy of 'attrition' conflicts with the policy of the federal government.

And make no mistake about it, it won't get fixed any time soon because after all, what's better than a second class citizen? A second class NON-citizen.....that's who....
I know it's gotten out of hand but we have to start somewhere. It just didn't happen in this administration it's been going on for too long. People come here legal every year and we welcome them of all races but illegals should be sent back. Enforce the laws we have in place.

Reactions: One
Jun 2011
You know if bank robbery is a problem and is a Federal crime, you'd expect the Federal government to permit the states to respond to robbery calls from banks. and guess what, they do (concurrent jurisdiction, the feds do not preempt the states here, only an idiot would do so) , but that's the essence of their argument with respect to supremacy in the desert. They don't want state help unless the guy is some kind of fugitve felon.

You see, you 'think' its a problem. But if the problem is the 'design' itself, then you'd have to say its doing exactly what they want it to do, create an underclass of low paid employees who work hard, do virtually anything and are in legal limbo, whose status prevents them from asserting the very rights that you and I would take for granted.

At some point, you have to say that millions and millions are here because the government actually allows it because clearly the policies only pay lip service to the issue.

Last edited:

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Enforce the laws!!!
Actually the Obama Administration is enforcing the laws.. better than any previous administration have in the past ever:

Obama as border cop: He's deported record numbers of illegal immigrants - CSMonitor.com

US Deportation Rates Reach Record Highs
On top of the deportations, efforts have been increased to target employers using illegal workers.

yeah and he is correct. a president cannot fix the immigration problems of this country on his or her own.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackalope

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Actually the Obama Administration is enforcing the laws.. better than any previous administration have in the past ever:

Obama as border cop: He's deported record numbers of illegal immigrants - CSMonitor.com

US Deportation Rates Reach Record Highs

On top of the deportations, efforts have been increased to target employers using illegal workers.

yeah and he is correct. a president cannot fix the immigration problems of this country on his or her own.

Agree, and agree.

The immigration system in our country is messed up. The amount of legal immigration needs to be increased, the amount of legal temp work visas needs to be increased, and employer hiring of undocumented workers needs to be cracked down on.

Barriers and walls and deportations aren't the solution. Addressing the demand (employers hiring them), and supply (increasing legal immigration and visas), is what will fix the problem.

Reactions: Tedminator

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
The problem I have with this President and the ones before him is trying to make the ones here illegal- legal. We should not condone breaking the laws that are in place. That's just as bad as saying it's ok to send our jobs to other countries that didn't declare war on us. We welcome many quote people from all over every year if they go through the process of becoming an American citizen.
Our country doesn't mind playing in civil wars in other countries but can't seem or want to uphold the laws we have in place.

Reactions: Jets

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
The problem I have with this President and the ones before him is trying to make the ones here illegal- legal. We should not condone breaking the laws that are in place. That's just as bad as saying it's ok to send our jobs to other countries that didn't declare war on us. We welcome many quote people from all over every year if they go through the process of becoming an American citizen.
Our country doesn't mind playing in civil wars in other countries but can't seem or want to uphold the laws we have in place.

I disagree for a number of reasons, but here's two. One: we have alot of money invested in many of these people. We've educated them. Might as well reap the rewards of our investment. And two: it's our own damn fault for having such a messed up system. It should have been fixed decades ago.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
I know it's gotten out of hand but we have to start somewhere. It just didn't happen in this administration it's been going on for too long. People come here legal every year and we welcome them of all races but illegals should be sent back. Enforce the laws we have in place.
Easier said than done. Heres a scenario I've seen; parents are illegal, but their children were born & raised in the USA and now active duty US military. Should the US Federal govt deport the parents while their American child is overseas fighting for the USA?

imo no, the parents should not be deported. the parents should instead be given a option to pay a fine and eventually become legal.

Last edited:

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
I would deport the people in the country illegally, but give them the first opportunity to come back in thru proper channels. To me thats fair and reasonable.

Reactions: freecell