Obama's "Clock Boy" gets clock cleaned in court. Dismissed, pay attorney fees.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Stories of the justice system functioning properly are feel-good stories. Aren't you happy with the outcome?
Im sorry, I ve never heard that justice system stories are feel good stories. I've only considered the rulings outcome and not if it made happy or not.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Im sorry, I ve never heard that justice system stories are feel good stories.
They are, if one approves of the outcome.

I am not so sure ... the Texas Citizens Participation Act gives 100% cover to media, no matter how outlandish or ridiculous, whereas previously under common law defamation could be made against anyone (though if the plaintiff is a public figure, the standard is higher). This act pits freedom of the press against the right of petition, and I am not sure (were there a constitutional battle over it) that the press should win. "Freedom of the Press" has never before been a license to libel or slander someone, and indeed such usage was held to be an abuse of that freedom, rather than an exercise of it.

Now, I do not know how that would affect the case at issue. The case still could potentially have been dismissed, or the plaintiff could have lost on summary judgment, or lost at trial (or won), or it could have settled somehow ... all kinds of things.

Jul 2015
Florida
EXCUSE ME??? You are elated that a what, 14 or 15 year old, got his 'CLOCK CLEANED' for building a CLOCK for a school project? Seriously? How miserable of a human being do you have to be? And WTF is EAG news??

ADDENDUM: Now we know...(Note: MI, isn't that where BETSY DEVOS is from? Humm.....)

EAGnews.org is the flagship website of Education Action Group Foundation, Inc., a national organization headquartered in Michigan. EAG is a non-partisan non-profit organization with the goal of promoting sensible education reform and exposing those with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Kyle Olson, Founder & CEO – Archive »

Kyle is founder of Education Action Group and EAGnews.org, a news service dedicated to education reform and school spending research, reporting, analysis and commentary.
He is co-author of Glenn Beck’s “Conform: Exposing the Truth About Common Core and Public Education,” available at Amazon.com. “Conform” was #2 on the New York Times best sellers list for three weeks straight. Kyle is a contributor to Townhall.com.

LMAO!

Last edited:

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
EXCUSE ME??? You are elated that a what, 14 or 15 year old, got his 'CLOCK CLEANED' for building a CLOCK for a school project? ...
You may want to check your facts on this. There was no "school project."

The "clock" was not associated with any class-assigned project, or any school-organized function. No teacher expected him to bring in the device, or anything like it.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Actually, a teacher whom he showed it to advised him to put it away and not take it out for the rest of the day. But he was playing with it and it made noise in a class, alarming another teacher. Considering it was a 110v clock he would have had to plug it in to get it to make noise. Not smart on his part. It also seems to not be a clock built by a teenager but rather a bedside clock taken apart by a teen.