Obama's political fate will no longer be tied to Washington.

Jul 2011
USA
Obama Will Govern Without Congress

In the new year, there are almost no must-do pieces of legislation facing the president and Congress.

The one exception is the looming debate on a full-year extension of a cut in the Social Security payroll tax rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. Democrats and Republicans are divided over how to put in place that extension.

The White House believes GOP lawmakers boxed themselves in during the pre-Christmas debate on the tax break and will be hard-pressed to back off their own assertions that it should continue through the end of 2012.

Once that debate is over, the White House says, Obama's political fate will no longer be tied to Washington.
Congress has like.....5% approval rating. Obama smart to disassociate himself from Washington, his political strats aren't stupid. Smart Cats in my guess. But what are the long range ramifications? Should the GOP take the Senate and Obama win re-election, what is the reality? He'll have to veto a health care repeal effort if the Supreme Court doesn't beat us to it(no word whether Kagan will recuse herself). This strat could win him re-election, he does do an awfully good job of avoiding getting into the middle of things. He community organizes and steps away with a call me if you need me game.

He's got money....lots of it. He's got serious organization....lots of it. He's got smart Cats working the process, he knows how to get elected. He's got fields and fields of absolute f'n sheep that are going to vote for him no matter his policy or platform. He's gonna be tough to beat. We cannot have a 3rd Party Candidate. We cannot have wavering in the ranks, we must present a united front.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
He's got fields and fields of absolute f'n sheep that are going to vote for him no matter his policy or platform.
Just one critique to your otherwise excellent assessment. What Obama's got in the fields is voters who see no alternative but to support reelection.

Nov 2011
Just one critique to your otherwise excellent assessment. What Obama's got in the fields is voters who see no alternative but to support reelection.
And a lot of voters who see no alternative but to vote against him, too. I don't think that works in his favor. If all you pay attention to are fellow liberals, I'm pretty sure you have warm and fuzzy feelings about how much everyone supports Obama because they hate republicans/conservatives. But when you get outside those circles, there's not a lot of love for Obama going on. And there's not nearly as much republican hate as you'd like to think.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
And a lot of voters who see no alternative but to vote against him, too. I don't think that works in his favor. If all you pay attention to are fellow liberals, I'm pretty sure you have warm and fuzzy feelings about how much everyone supports Obama because they hate republicans/conservatives. But when you get outside those circles, there's not a lot of love for Obama going on.
If Romney is the Republican candidate, Obama will have some trouble. Not so with any others. All the others have clearly defined gaps in appeal. Romney is so vanilla, any Republican or Independent can cast a "meh" vote for him.

Nov 2011
If Romney is the Republican candidate, Obama will have some trouble. Not so with any others.
If Romney is the candidate, the whole country will have some trouble because then we'd be facing a choice of two people that want to keep doing exactly what we've been doing. Better if Gingrich makes the nomination. He might not be the shoe-in that Romney would be but he wouldn't be just another Bush/Obama clone, either.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Obama Will Govern Without Congress

Congress has like.....5% approval rating. Obama smart to disassociate himself from Washington, his political strats aren't stupid. Smart Cats in my guess. But what are the long range ramifications? Should the GOP take the Senate and Obama win re-election, what is the reality? He'll have to veto a health care repeal effort if the Supreme Court doesn't beat us to it(no word whether Kagan will recuse herself). This strat could win him re-election, he does do an awfully good job of avoiding getting into the middle of things. He community organizes and steps away with a call me if you need me game.

He's got money....lots of it. He's got serious organization....lots of it. He's got smart Cats working the process, he knows how to get elected. He's got fields and fields of absolute f'n sheep that are going to vote for him no matter his policy or platform. He's gonna be tough to beat. We cannot have a 3rd Party Candidate. We cannot have wavering in the ranks, we must present a united front.
This nation would be better off if Obama bypasses the Congress & does everything he can by Executive Order in his 2nd term.
In the last three years the GOP has done their level best to keep Obama...& therefore this country from succeeding at anything in a partisan effort to win back power.

Sen. DeMint gave away their "Destroy Obama" strategy when he admitted this:
[video=youtube;mHV4nDS501Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV4nDS501Y[/video]

DeMint's "Stop him on this" was referring to health care reform at the time, but really stands for anything Obama tries to do...Good or bad for the country. (the GOP tried to block credit card reform, campaign finance reform & Wall street reform as well)

Obama SHOULD sidestep the GOP/Teaparty, hope they fall of the own weight & are replaced by a new, patriotic & reasonable conservative party that allows differing views in its ranks & works for what's in the best interests of their country, not their party.
An alternative to the Democratic party for voters to consider. Right now there is NO alternative but to vote Democratic.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
USA
But here is my point Gentlemen. If yer supporting Romney during primary, you will vote Gingrich if he wins the nomination. IF yer a Gingrich supporter......you will remove Romney's chad on election day should Romney win nomination. Now, if one of there two violate your core values, I don't think it's irresponsible to write-in a name or just not vote for President. But I think core values needs to be the line drawn, McCain was far from an excellent candidate, I didn't like him at all.....but I voted for him.

Our nomination process must be taken seriously, all is fair in love and war. But the winner..our eventual nominee needs to be shown some love.

Nov 2011
But here is my point Gentlemen. If yer supporting Romney during primary, you will vote Gingrich if he wins the nomination. IF yer a Gingrich supporter......you will remove Romney's chad on election day should Romney win nomination. Now, if one of there two violate your core values, I don't think it's irresponsible to write-in a name or just not vote for President. But I think core values needs to be the line drawn, McCain was far from an excellent candidate, I didn't like him at all.....but I voted for him.

Our nomination process must be taken seriously, all is fair in love and war. But the winner..our eventual nominee needs to be shown some love.
I agree. I'd hold my nose and vote for Romney if he was nominated. The gag reflex simply wouldn't let me pull a lever for Obama no matter who wins the republican nomination. Voting third party is just being a doorman for the incumbent. If you're going to get off your ass and vote, then vote for one of the two candidates that is electable. You can bet the lefties won't be doing write-ins.

Jul 2011
USA
This nation would be better off if Obama bypasses the Congress & does everything he can by Executive Order in his 2nd term.
Yes 505, this liberal kneejerk emotional outburst thing was handled centuries ago. Smarter then you and I Cats with names such as Jefferson and Madison carved out a representative government with separate branches so that one branch just couldn't do everything by executive order. The Constitution 505 was written for emotionally unbalanced arguments such as yours. That is why the Congress can override, that is why Congress must approve funding, it is the only entity with money, only the legislature can tax, raise revenue. Settle down, switch to decaf this morning, it isn't going to happen. I know you want your Messiah to be King, we already revolutionized that method of government.

Jul 2011
USA
I agree. I'd hold my nose and vote for Romney if he was nominated. The gag reflex simply wouldn't let me pull a lever for Obama no matter who wins the republican nomination. Voting third party is just being a doorman for the incumbent. If you're going to get off your ass and vote, then vote for one of the two candidates that is electable. You can bet the lefties won't be doing write-ins.
Now....let me be clear. Let's say this moron Ron Paul is nominated. That would be in violation of my core values, I personally think he's an idiot. I wouldn't go third party, I'd vote for Republicans across the board for local representation and start looking to get my leadership back. Cause Ron Paul ain't f'n it. That would be Bastogne for me. No surrender, I'd never support a Ron Paul.

:moron: