Oberlin College to Pay Bakery $11M After Furthering Racism Accusations

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Oberlin College in Ohio will have to pay a nearby bakery more than $11 million in damages because it libeled the store, tagging it as racist, and interfered with its business, a jury said on Friday.

Gibson's Bakery came under fire after Allyn Gibson, the owners' son, got into a physical altercation with a black student who reportedly tried shoplifting and using a fake ID at the store, The Chronicle-Telegram said. Two other black students got involved, appearing to prompt accusations of racial profiling.

The three students eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges and read statements defending Allyn Gibson's right to detain them. They also read statements claiming that his actions weren't racially motivated, but within days of the incident, students were turning out for protests fueled by accusations of racist intent.

The jury found the school and Oberlin's vice president and dean of students, Meredith Raimondo, guilty of libel after Raimondo allegedly helped pass out flyers claiming that the bakery was "racist" and had a history of "racial profiling and discrimination."

Oberlin College to pay bakery $11M after furthering racism accusations: Jury

This is a Great Ruling.

It is far past time for those on the Left who use the Race Card as a weapon against those they disagree with or to cover for their own crimes and RACISM are held accountable.

#MAGA

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Oberlin is pretty close to me. It is one of the most pain in the ass colleges in the State. LOL. I know a Prof who teaches there and he hates it everyday. A group of their students participated in a protest a few years ago....where they were blocking traffic by laying down on a major highway. It was during finals week and they threw an absolute fit because some of the Profs would not move the finals. They even found a reason to protest their commencement speaker this year. The guy told me that protesting everything is far more important than their academics.

Oberlin College students protest commencement speaker

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Oberlin is pretty close to me. It is one of the most pain in the ass colleges in the State. LOL. I know a Prof who teaches there and he hates it everyday. A group of their students participated in a protest a few years ago....where they were blocking traffic by laying down on a major highway. It was during finals week and they threw an absolute fit because some of the Profs would not move the finals. They even found a reason to protest their commencement speaker this year. The guy told me that protesting everything is far more important than their academics.

Oberlin College students protest commencement speaker
Another Leftist Indoctrination Camp?