Ocasio-Cortez And Her Chief Of Staff ‘Could Be Facing Jail Time’ If Their Control Over PAC Was Intentionally Hidden, Former FEC Commissioner Says

Nov 2008
Washington state
Ocasio-Cortez never disclosed to the FEC that she and Chakrabarti, who served as her campaign chair, controlled the PAC while it was simultaneously supporting her primary campaign, and former FEC commissioners say the arrangement could lead to multiple campaign finance violations. The group backed 12 Democrats during the 2018 midterms, but Ocasio-Cortez was the only one of those to win her general election.

If the facts as alleged are true, and a candidate had control over a PAC that was working to get that candidate elected, then that candidate is potentially in very big trouble and may have engaged in multiple violations of federal campaign finance law, including receiving excessive contributions,” former Republican FEC commissioner Hans von Spakovsky told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

And fellow former FEC commissioner Brad Smith told TheDCNF that if “a complaint were filed, I would think it would trigger a serious investigation.” He also noted that such a probe could potentially result in jail time for Ocasio-Cortez and her chief of staff, Chakrabarti. Ocasio-Cortez And Her Chief Of Staff ‘Could Be Facing Jail Time’ If Their Control Over PAC Was Intentionally Hidden, Former FEC Commissioner Says
Looks like the Liberals Darling could be in big trouble. Usually what Liberals accuse Trump of doing, they are doing themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
That's 4 election scandals (that I've seen reported).
I always thought she was a “Flash in the Pan”. If she’s convicted of this crime will be interesting to see the Liberals trying to support “The New Green Deal” nonsense without her. They will be floundering trying to make sense of nonsense. This Campaign season is really going to be entertaining.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I always thought she was a “Flash in the Pan”. If she’s convicted of this crime will be interesting to see the Liberals trying to support “The New Green Deal” nonsense without her. They will be floundering trying to make sense of nonsense. This Campaign season is really going to be entertaining.

She was clearly being groomed for big things later... Seems she bit off too much too quick, assuming this all shakes out.

Wasn't her chief of staff her boyfriend? (Or am I confusing an other?)

Nov 2008
Washington state
She was clearly being groomed for big things later... Seems she bit off too much too quick, assuming this all shakes out.

No her boyfriend wasn’t Chief of Staff, but money given to him is in question as well. Wonder if the House will investigate this violation? This will show us if the House is biased based on Politics

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
No her boyfriend wasn’t Chief of Staff, but money given to him is in question as well. Wonder if the House will investigate this violation? This will show us if the House is biased based on Politics

You think members of a org made up of polititians of different parties and views aren't biased based on politics?

Nov 2008
Washington state

George Soros plant I’ll bet