Odds for each team to win the Superbowl

Jan 2016
Colorado
Browns are not in last place.....
Nor should they be. Seriously, if the schedule had Cleveland at Buffalo this Sunday, I think the Browns would win that game, easily. The Cleveland Browns are no longer the worst team in the NFL. For the past few years, they WERE. But no longer.

I think these odds are fairly accurate, though New Orleans should have fallen farther and be facing longer odds after their embarrassing home loss to Tampa Bay, showing that their defense needs a LOT of work before they can be considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders. They should NOT be in the top ten. And I DO think the Minnesota Vikings and the LA Rams should be SLIGHTLY more favored than the Eagles, which is exactly what this shows. The Minnesota Vikings and the Jacksonville Jaguars are currently MY two picks to make the Superbowl, and I saw nothing in the first week to dissuade me from that opinion. The Eagles are a strong team, I just don't think they will repeat. It is TOUGH for a team to repeat in today's NFL. EVERYONE is gunning for the world champions.

Nov 2006
Nor should they be. Seriously, if the schedule had Cleveland at Buffalo this Sunday, I think the Browns would win that game, easily. The Cleveland Browns are no longer the worst team in the NFL. For the past few years, they WERE. But no longer.

I think these odds are fairly accurate, though New Orleans should have fallen farther and be facing longer odds after their embarrassing home loss to Tampa Bay, showing that their defense needs a LOT of work before they can be considered legitimate Super Bowl contenders. They should NOT be in the top ten. And I DO think the Minnesota Vikings and the LA Rams should be SLIGHTLY more favored than the Eagles, which is exactly what this shows. The Minnesota Vikings and the Jacksonville Jaguars are currently MY two picks to make the Superbowl, and I saw nothing in the first week to dissuade me from that opinion. The Eagles are a strong team, I just don't think they will repeat. It is TOUGH for a team to repeat in today's NFL. EVERYONE is gunning for the world champions.
The Eagles have lost nothing and they were relatively young last year. They also now have their star starting QB back in Wentz (or close to back). Minn has a brand new QB in Cousins. Not bad but if he were great why would the redskins have traded him? I don't know how the oddsmakers can just bypass the Eagles and stick Minn and LA ahead of them. Besides, for some reason the Vikings have always been a choke team. I don't know why but they may look great but invariably have bad days and get knocked off. You don't get through the playoffs with a bad day. I've always been a fan of the vikings since a kid, all the way back to their superbowl against the chiefs when they had Carl Eller and Alan Page (the purple people eaters). They were supposed to crush the chiefs and came out looking like a pop warner team. I think they have been to the SB like 5 times and never won one. They can't win the big one. I would half their odds simply because of that.

I forget the game but who knocked them off last year when they were supposed to win and came out and got plastered? They may be my fav team (with Wash) but I gave up putting money on them long ago.

Jul 2014
midwest
Eagles are about where they need to be.

In the mix, but not favored.

Champions very seldom repeat.

Yet, every year people fall in love with last years winners.

Champs get everyones best shot...

Jan 2016
Colorado
The Eagles have lost nothing and they were relatively young last year. They also now have their star starting QB back in Wentz (or close to back). Minn has a brand new QB in Cousins. Not bad but if he were great why would the redskins have traded him? I don't know how the oddsmakers can just bypass the Eagles and stick Minn and LA ahead of them. Besides, for some reason the Vikings have always been a choke team. I don't know why but they may look great but invariably have bad days and get knocked off. You don't get through the playoffs with a bad day. I've always been a fan of the vikings since a kid, all the way back to their superbowl against the chiefs when they had Carl Eller and Alan Page (the purple people eaters). They were supposed to crush the chiefs and came out looking like a pop warner team. I think they have been to the SB like 5 times and never won one. They can't win the big one. I would half their odds simply because of that.

I forget the game but who knocked them off last year when they were supposed to win and came out and got plastered? They may be my fav team (with Wash) but I gave up putting money on them long ago.
Well, it was Philadelphia who knocked them off last year, in the NFC Championship game. The Vikings went to the Superbowl FOUR times, I believe. But long ago. It has been a long time since they have been there. I'm not sure that long ago past history is a useful guide to how they would perform there now. Buffalo also went to the Superbowl four times, in their case, four CONSECUTIVE times. And in Buffalo's case, their first loss was very close----Scott Norwood's famous missed field goal costing them the game-----but every subsequent loss got worse and worse.

Heh, I remember when my Denver Broncos won Super-Bowl 50 with outlandishly good defense. And I was predicting that that great defense would carry the Broncos to three consecutive world championships. WRONGO. It just ain't that easy to repeat.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Rams or Saints will win.
The Saints won't even win a playoff spot with the porous defense they exhibited last Sunday. The Rams, I could see. They were my original NFC pick for the Super-Bowl, until I started leaning towards the Vikings, after watching them demolish the Broncos in a preseason game.