Off to have a beer with a bunch of old time veteran friends.

Jul 2011
NYC
I don't often go to my vfw post. Often I do to go help the old timers. Today I am going to help the post upgrade it's wifi, and other AV stuff, have a few beers tell a few stories.

Gonna be a great time.

As a veteran, how often do you go to a vfw, or an american legion? I never would have but my work with disabled veterans, as well as fisher house has me there more than I ever thought. and I like it.

Jul 2014
midwest
I don't often go to my vfw post. Often I do to go help the old timers. Today I am going to help the post upgrade it's wifi, and other AV stuff, have a few beers tell a few stories.

Gonna be a great time.

As a veteran, how often do you go to a vfw, or an american legion? I never would have but my work with disabled veterans, as well as fisher house has me there more than I ever thought. and I like it.
Used to go to local VFW because they had "Steak Night" once a month.

Quit going because the smoke was so thick I couldn't see more than three feet.

Steak was great, and I wanted to support the cause, but as a reformed smoker I couldn't stand it.

They don't smoke in there any more.

An old bud called me from out of the blue a couple of years ago, and four of us got together there to swap stories and lies.

I probably should see if I could re join.

Drinking and driving is the reason...

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Am a veteran, just spent a week with my BFF from basic, her veteran husband, and met one of her two veteran offspring. Trump supporters all. We had an unmitigated blast. Good people. Mad love.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
The VFW in my Home town is kinda small, and stays kinda on the crowded side. Whenever I go out with my Vet friends it’s usually to a restaurant type setting. I like the VFW, but I’m not into crowded places lol.

Also the fisher house is a cool deal. I saw the one at Travis AFB CA.

Thank you for helping us Vets man. Good on ya.

Jan 2014
California

Gonna be a great time.

Mr. Hellhound,

I went to a VFW once. Turned out it had nothing to do with veterans and I backed out very slowly.

Jan 2014
California
Ok you have my curiosity going haywire lol. Please elaborate on why it wasn’t what you expected.
Mr. Akosikojak,

When I was at Ft. Riley, someone would say "let's got to such and such bar." and then someone would reply, "that's a VFW (very few whites), not a place you want to be." Heard the same thing when I was at Ft. Sill, and in Europe. Thursday night was VFW night at the NCO club.