Off to have a beer with a bunch of old time veteran friends.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
I don't often go to my vfw post. Often I do to go help the old timers. Today I am going to help the post upgrade it's wifi, and other AV stuff, have a few beers tell a few stories.

Gonna be a great time.

As a veteran, how often do you go to a vfw, or an american legion? I never would have but my work with disabled veterans, as well as fisher house has me there more than I ever thought. and I like it.

Jul 2014
midwest
I don't often go to my vfw post. Often I do to go help the old timers. Today I am going to help the post upgrade it's wifi, and other AV stuff, have a few beers tell a few stories.

Gonna be a great time.

As a veteran, how often do you go to a vfw, or an american legion? I never would have but my work with disabled veterans, as well as fisher house has me there more than I ever thought. and I like it.
Used to go to local VFW because they had "Steak Night" once a month.

Quit going because the smoke was so thick I couldn't see more than three feet.

Steak was great, and I wanted to support the cause, but as a reformed smoker I couldn't stand it.

They don't smoke in there any more.

An old bud called me from out of the blue a couple of years ago, and four of us got together there to swap stories and lies.

I probably should see if I could re join.

Drinking and driving is the reason...

Jul 2018
North Carolina
The VFW in my Home town is kinda small, and stays kinda on the crowded side. Whenever I go out with my Vet friends it’s usually to a restaurant type setting. I like the VFW, but I’m not into crowded places lol.

Also the fisher house is a cool deal. I saw the one at Travis AFB CA.

Thank you for helping us Vets man. Good on ya.

Jan 2014
California

Gonna be a great time.

Mr. Hellhound,

I went to a VFW once. Turned out it had nothing to do with veterans and I backed out very slowly.

Jan 2014
California
Ok you have my curiosity going haywire lol. Please elaborate on why it wasn’t what you expected.
Mr. Akosikojak,

When I was at Ft. Riley, someone would say "let's got to such and such bar." and then someone would reply, "that's a VFW (very few whites), not a place you want to be." Heard the same thing when I was at Ft. Sill, and in Europe. Thursday night was VFW night at the NCO club.