Offenders in Ala. town can choose jail or church

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
Offenders in Ala. town can choose jail or church :: WRAL.com

BAY MINETTE, Ala. — Authorities say non-violent offenders in southern Alabama will have a new choice: Go to jail, or go to church every Sunday for a year.

offenders select church, they'll be allowed to pick the place of worship but must check in weekly with the pastor and police. If the one-year church attendance program is completed, the offender's case will be dismissed.

Thoughts?

Nov 2006

BAY MINETTE, Ala. — Authorities say non-violent offenders in southern Alabama will have a new choice: Go to jail, or go to church every Sunday for a year.

offenders select church, they'll be allowed to pick the place of worship but must check in weekly with the pastor and police. If the one-year church attendance program is completed, the offender's case will be dismissed.

Thoughts?
I think I would go ahead and do the time.:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Nov 2006

Thoughts?
Actually Free, to be honest, I think it is a good idea.

Reactions: freecell

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Me too and I like that the charges would be dismissed and hopefully completely off their record. Once a week is better than jail 7 days a week.
IA on all points. The only concern I had, when I was reading it yesterday was, what if they are an atheist?
Is it controversial, where it is? I don't remember that part of the story.

Nov 2006
Me too and I like that the charges would be dismissed and hopefully completely off their record. Once a week is better than jail 7 days a week.
If they are non-violent criminals they don't really need to be in the "University of Crime". That's what it seems are many prisons today, places to learn how to be a professional criminal. I would imagine that the right minister is going to be able to show them the error of their ways better than another convicted criminal.