Offenders in Ala. town can choose jail or church

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
Here's food for thought: Does this come in conflict with separation of church and skate?
No they have a choise. So you would rather see your kid in jail? The many years I sit in court I will tell you something. I don't have to know the kid, whatever quote race, it doesn't matter. Give them a fighting chance. Have you been to prison? I have visited many and it's not somewhere you want to see a love one or an acquaintance in.

Aug 2011
No they have a choise. So you would rather see your kid in jail? The many years I sit in court I will tell you something. I don't have to know the kid, whatever quote race, it doesn't matter. Give them a fighting chance. Have you been to prison? I have visited many and it's not somewhere you want to see a love one or an acquaintance in.
I've been to jail a few times. No it's not somewhere you want to go. I was just throwing something out there.

But I'll also say there might be people that would choose jail over church, wither to be indignant, or because they think jail's better than church. Believe it or not some people are glad they end up in jail for a few months. Atleast they'll know where their next is coming from and they'll have a place to sleep.

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
I've been to jail a few times. No it's not somewhere you want to go. I was just throwing something out there.

But I'll also say there might be people that would choose jail over church, wither to be indignant, or because they think jail's better than church. Believe it or not some people are glad they end up in jail for a few months. Atleast they'll know where their next is coming from and they'll have a place to sleep.
But you have people at churches that will help. Make sure you have a place to sleep. I know I have taken in some. If not ask the pastor to take up a collection. Some of us refuse to give up on people. You are just as important as the next person. Always remember that.

Jun 2011
Good idea, bad idea......irrelevant. Its an unconstitutional one, and my guess is that it isn't authorized by statute.

Maybe i'll become a judge and sentence you to Temptation Island.....

Nov 2006
Good idea, bad idea......irrelevant. Its an unconstitutional one, and my guess is that it isn't authorized by statute.

Maybe i'll become a judge and sentence you to Temptation Island.....
I had a friend/employee who got in trouble repeatedly for alcohol and traffic violations as a teen back in the late 60's. His last violation was racing his car and then trying to escape the police. The judge flat out told him enough is enough and you are either going to do some time or you enlist in the US Army, which he did. I always thought that strange and possibly not right but it sure as shit worked for him.

Boy he had some stories, ended up training for and becoming a side gunner in a huey, got a purple heart after being struck by a ricocheting bullet.