'Oh my God, there's no people': National Mall scene a symbol of shutdown's impact

Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
'Oh my God, there's no people': National Mall scene a symbol of shutdown's impact
By Cheyenne Haslett

“Oh my God, there’s no people. All the empty spots!” said Kim Tran, 65, who runs a hot dog truck that operates around Washington’s different prime tourist spots. On Wednesday, she was parked just outside the White House gates on 15th Street, joined by just three other vendors in a peak location that normally sees 10 shops set up each day."
“It’s so bad for the holiday, so bad for our business,” she said. Though winter is slow, the winter holidays usually bring an uptick, Tran said."

########################################################################################
Businesses are being hit hard by the Trump government shutdown. With breadwinners not being able to now make an adequate living during the shutdown they are having to bear the brunt of the shutdown and do without both for their families and their business. All of this is practically on Trump's front door too. If this goes on much longer, as it is fully expected to because Trump will not relent on his border wall funding, trash will only pile higher creating an even greater environmental hazard and businesses may well have to fold up and close as they are not making enough money to remain open at the present time.