OH Yeah, Let's Play Hockey

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
I used to like the Flyers back when they were partners with the Hershey Bears (I'm originally from Hershey, PA). We were season ticket holders to the Hershey Bears back when I was a youngster in the mid-80s, I remember watching Ron Hextall play in Hershey before they brought him up to Philly. But then they sold out Hershey and the Capitals took them under their wing. Been a Caps fan ever since. My middle boy is a Flyers fan. I took him to see the Flyers play the Caps March of 2011 right before I deployed last. Philly fans are rude...how surprising, lol
I was one of the few remaining people at the Spectrum the night Ron Hextall scored his first goal. 17,000 will claim they were there, but 13,000 were kicking themselves in the ass for missing that part of history.

And Flyers fans, like everyone else have their moments. Mario Lemiuex played his last game on Philly ice and got an incredible long and loud standing ovation.

Jan 2013
Dont worry about me. I'm from Ohio, I am used to being disappointed when it comes sport teams. I've been a Bengals fan all my life. They only thing that pissed me off was the All Star game was going to be in Columbus. I already had tickets to the skills contest. Stupid lockout. :numbness:

Oct 2012
RW Country
Dont worry about me. I'm from Ohio, I am used to being disappointed when it comes sport teams. I've been a Bengals fan all my life. They only thing that pissed me off was the All Star game was going to be in Columbus. I already had tickets to the skills contest. Stupid lockout. :numbness:
Don't quote me, but I think they're going to do it in Ohio again next year, it's only fair. I thought I heard Bettman say something about that soon after the lockout started and they cancelled the All-Star events.

Oct 2012
RW Country
I was one of the few remaining people at the Spectrum the night Ron Hextall scored his first goal. 17,000 will claim they were there, but 13,000 were kicking themselves in the ass for missing that part of history.

And Flyers fans, like everyone else have their moments. Mario Lemiuex played his last game on Philly ice and got an incredible long and loud standing ovation.
I remember the Spectrum, wasn't there too much but I remember going to watch the Flyers a couple times. They used to give us Hershey Bears season ticket holders deals to go see the Flyers back in the day. Wasn't there but I remember that goal...only a few have done that. Ron Hextall is the GM of the Manchester Monarchs in NH. Do you remember Mike Stothers, Ross Fitzpatric(sp), Tim Tookey, Don Nachbaur? They all played in Hershey as well. BTW, the Hershey Bears are the oldest running AHL team. Hershey sells out every single game. You must have heard of the Hershey Bears before these posts, yes?

Jan 2013
Don't quote me, but I think they're going to do it in Ohio again next year, it's only fair. I thought I heard Bettman say something about that soon after the lockout started and they cancelled the All-Star events.
I heard next year or the year after. Either way, I will be there.

Oct 2012
RW Country
I heard next year or the year after. Either way, I will be there.
I think they deserve it, who knows maybe it will help the hockey scene in that area. I think it all came down to location for the Bluejackets, like I said you can't put a hockey team (especially a low cap team) in a college football town, them people care about one thing there...BUCKEYES, lol..

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
I remember the Spectrum, wasn't there too much but I remember going to watch the Flyers a couple times. They used to give us Hershey Bears season ticket holders deals to go see the Flyers back in the day. Wasn't there but I remember that goal...only a few have done that. Ron Hextall is the GM of the Manchester Monarchs in NH. Do you remember Mike Stothers, Ross Fitzpatric(sp), Tim Tookey, Don Nachbaur? They all played in Hershey as well. BTW, the Hershey Bears are the oldest running AHL team. Hershey sells out every single game. You must have heard of the Hershey Bears before these posts, yes?
Of course. I remember when Hershey was the Flyer's farm team. And yes, I remember those players. I haven't sat down to watch a game in ages. I just might have to do that - maybe introduce my kids to the sport. :)

Reactions: 1 person