Ohio doctor fired for anti semitism

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
To be fair, there could be any number of doctors acting on bigoted beliefs in the care of patients. I think we shouldn't assume other kinds of hate & prejudices don't influence patient care. It's no worse that she said this about Jews than if she had said it about any other demographic.
That's true. But I'm not going to give her any points for honesty. The fact that someone would be so driven by their hatred to make these kinds of admissions is a huge, blinking warning sign.

And I'm going to strongly disagree with your opening sentence, too. I think dealing with people you don't particularly like is par for the course in medicine. In fact, most doctors I know don't typically even see patients as people at first, as much as they see wounds to heal, conditions to diagnose, bones to set, etc. This person is a dangerous anomaly, IMO.

Last edited:

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
That's true. But I'm not going to give her any points for honesty. The fact that someone would be so driven by their hatred to make these kinds of admissions is a huge, blinking warning sign.

And I'm going to strongly disagree with your opening sentence, too. I think dealing with people you don't particularly like is par for the course in medicine. In fact, most doctors I know don't typically even see patients as people at first, as much as they see wounds to heal, conditions to diagnose, bones to set, etc. This person is a dangerous anomaly, IMO.
One of the things I have observed, if the patient and physician do not have great chemistry, the physician will often refer them to someone else. A non-compliant patient is a liability and too much work on the behalf of the physician. They work under the dark cloud of malpractice. Sometimes I think it takes the human side of the patient-doctor relationship. Sometimes I think they become desensitized during their residency and training. It is a lot better now but back in the day, they were conditioned to be tough. Sleep deprived, etc. The rationale behind it, to condition them to make good medical decisions under the most extreme conditions. One of my friends is a retired physician. When she trained, she was the only woman on the team. This was in the early 80's. She was hazed pretty hard. She told me that her attending physician made her do chest compression's (CPR) on a man who was decapitated in the ER for 20 minutes before he allowed her to call his death. He was just being a dick.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

And it's really disturbing to read her comments while looking at her smiling face in that picture.

The second bit, I'm thinking of people I know in RL who are in bad health for reasons of their own making & think doctors are just there to fix their problems without any effort being put forth on their part. In her declining years, my mom had diabetes but was in denial saying about her GP, "Oh he tells everyone that, he just doesn't want anyone eating cookies". I've seen plenty of people treat medical staff like waitresses or something, they don't cooperate, etc. I'd be tempted to tell them to fuck off.

Anyway, there's really no excuse for this woman's behavior. I don't care what's going on in the ME, it's not justified.

I read she attended a Jewish medical school, too. How messed up is that?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
It could...sure. Who said anything different? This OP is about a Muslim resident who is Palestinian and she pretty much shared her thoughts. I really don't like working with physicians from the ME and Pakistan. They are very abusive to staff and they don't wash their hands before and after every patient and they leave sharps in the bed along with bloody gauze. I guess they think house keeping with get it...they don't care who gets stuck with a needle. I am watchful for all of them. I have never seen anything like the OP tho. I am sure she hates Christians just as bad as Jewish people.
Why aren't they fired? Are they temps or something?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
yeah... but she IS a muslim. Just following thoes directives of islam ya know... and spreading that love around.
There's plenty of antisemitism that comes from non-Muslims in this country, trust me I live with someone who's practically a Nazi.

Nov 2014
Canada
One of the perks of being in (or beyond) your 40s is that we also did stupid shit in our youths. The difference is that there was no internet where evidence of our youthful indiscretions would remain permanently available to the public.
I don't consider this "stupid shit". Getting too drunk, puking, and screaming obscenities at the cops when in college is "stupid shit". This is "vile, hateful, dangerous person shit".

Feb 2015
sadness
There's plenty of antisemitism that comes from non-Muslims in this country, trust me I live with someone who's practically a Nazi.

Oh i am not even attempting to say that there are no antisemits other than muslims.

This pali however IS a muslim and flat was trying to kill jews under her care and spreading her version of the religion of peace.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Oh i am not even attempting to say that there are no antisemits other than muslims.

This pali however IS a muslim and flat was trying to kill jews under her care and spreading her version of the religion of peace.
You don't need to do that.