OK, Now, I Officially HATE The NHL

Jan 2016
Colorado
This year, the Stanley Cup will be between the Las Vegas Golden Knights (an expansion team, no less) and the Washington Capitols.

America's two dens of iniquity!!

The two WORST cities in America!!

BAH! I HATE it! HATE it, HATE it, HATE it. I WON'T watch it.

I don't want YOU to watch it, either!

Reactions: 3 people
Jun 2006
Vancouver
An expansion team making the finals is a humiliation for the league. What a joke.

So basically every single team in the league would have done better if they’d dumped their entire roster, top to bottom, and re-entered the league from scratch.

Fuuuuuuck. That’s not a good look. Amateur hour.

I’ll watch though. Ovechkin deserves a cup and an audience.

Reactions: 3 people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
An expansion team making the finals is a humiliation for the league. What a joke.

So basically every single team in the league would have done better if they’d dumped their entire roster, top to bottom, and re-entered the league from scratch.

If only he played anywhere near as well for the national team...

Reactions: 1 person

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri

Think the last time it happened was the Blues in '68.

I have a (possibly dumb) question, though - were the Knights unusual in the way they set them up? I know they were able to acquire a player or two from most of the other teams -- did they just pick well? Or were they lucky as sin?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
This year, the Stanley Cup will be between the Las Vegas Golden Knights (an expansion team, no less) and the Washington Capitols.

America's two dens of iniquity!!

The two WORST cities in America!!

BAH! I HATE it! HATE it, HATE it, HATE it. I WON'T watch it.

I don't want YOU to watch it, either!
Why all the hate?

My husband went to a GK game - had the best time of his life (and he loathes LV in general) . Being in LV they had so many cool things in the arena.

For sure we are rooting for them..(my daughter also works for one of the owners) :)

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Think the last time it happened was the Blues in '68.

I have a (possibly dumb) question, though - were the Knights unusual in the way they set them up? I know they were able to acquire a player or two from most of the other teams -- did they just pick well? Or were they lucky as sin?
The NHL constantly changes everything all the time. It’s infuriating. So yes, the way the Knights were built is 100% different than any other expansion team, but each of those was different from each other as well.

Each team was allowed to protect a certain number of players, the rest were exposed. Then Vegas could pick one unprotected player from each team. Before the selection, they were allowed to trade. Like- a team could offer them draft picks, or two players, in return for not taking certain players. They also traded some picks right away.

Seattle will join the league soon. So what is the NHL supposed to do? Use that same system? Nothing is fair now.

Reactions: 1 person