On stereotyping and mocking Trump supporters ....

Oct 2011
Washington State
you are confused.

You said:

LEt me dumb it down further for you,.
You want to dumb it down and you don't know when to use caps?

1. I do criticize trump. I have threads on things I disagree with trump on.
When was the last you posted criticizing Trump?

2. No idea if that's true.
It's true, it's true. It's worse than calling them deplorables.

3. Indifferent either way,

I hope this clears up your confusion.
No confusion. Just so you know Trump thinks YOU are human scum.

Carry on.

Reactions: Eve1 and BitterPill

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
You want to dumb it down and you don't know when to use caps?

When was the last you posted criticizing Trump?

It's true, it's true. It's worse than calling them deplorables.

No confusion. Just so you know Trump thinks YOU are human scum.

Carry on.

1. yesterday

2. link please.

3. what an odd poster you are.

Jan 2014
California
Let's be honest . We Dems/Liberals have been having a jolly good time mocking Trump and his supporters . Most of it is done in the spirit of "tough love". Kinda like we would tease a sibling . Deep down it's not really personal . Right ? Unless it is. We tell ourselves that a lot of it they bring on themselves . A lot of it is self-defense . What are you suppose to do when they're telling lies about you? What are you suppose to do when you blame them for being subjected to Trump? What else can you do but stereotype them? What else other than putting them in the category of "those people over there"? It's survival after all .

Unless it's not .

What if it's exactly what Trump wants ? Divide and conquer .

That's what he does best .

And if were not careful that's why he'll win again .
the watchman,

the lower classes do enjoy making fun of their betters, wot?

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und
Nov 2018
Maryland
Let's face it, all Presidents have had criticized and called names by the other side. What I think is new, though, is now people who voted for the President are called names. Now, if you voted for Trump, you are a racists, xenophobe, homophobe and "deplorables". I don't recall Obama supporters being called names. Maybe, they were called stupid, but not much beyond that. Bush was called a Nazi, but I don't think his supporters were.

I have read that the Democrats had all kinds of names for Honest Abe, yet he is now regarded as one of our greatest Presidents. His supporters? I haven't read the Democrats had much to say in that regard.

But, we live in a time when if you wear a certain red had, you are attacked, bullied, spit upon, kicked, etc. I don't recall this sort of vile behavior under any previous President, and I think it will get even worse if Trump is re-elected.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
Well ,you can start fires. You can put on black masks and beat people with bats. Tear down monuments that you don't agree with. Shout down speakers you don't agree with. Shoot Repub congressmen from ambush. Whoops! Already doin' that. See how this works?
Irrelevant to the threads conversation.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Let's face it, all Presidents have had criticized and called names by the other side. What I think is new, though, is now people who voted for the President are called names. Now, if you voted for Trump, you are a racists, xenophobe, homophobe and "deplorables". I don't recall Obama supporters being called names. Maybe, they were called stupid, but not much beyond that. Bush was called a Nazi, but I don't think his supporters were.

I have read that the Democrats had all kinds of names for Honest Abe, yet he is now regarded as one of our greatest Presidents. His supporters? I haven't read the Democrats had much to say in that regard.

But, we live in a time when if you wear a certain red had, you are attacked, bullied, spit upon, kicked, etc. I don't recall this sort of vile behavior under any previous President, and I think it will get even worse if Trump is re-elected.
Yeah... Someone has bought into Trump calling himself the most poorly treated president in history. I don't know how someone can hang out here and watch Obama supporters, or anyone left of center really, called communists and worse and then pretend it only happens in one direction. Unless being honest isn't something they care about, I guess.

Politics doesn't, and shouldn't, completely define anyone, regardless of which part of the spectrum they reside.

Reactions: Eve1 and birdzeyez