Once again, ‘fake news’ decried by Trump turns out to be true

Sep 2012
SoCal
If only someone would pound into his giant head the definitions of "TRUTH" and "FACT"...in the REAL WORLD.

I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct. … When I make a statement, I like to be correct. I want the facts. … Before I make a statement, I need the facts.”
— President Trump, Aug. 15, 2017

At the Fact Checker, we have vetted many statements by President Trump — and maintain a running list of every false and misleading claim he has made since he took the oath of office. The president’s factual errors on trade and tax policy are relatively easy to fact-check, as the data undercutting his claims can be easily obtained.
But there have been a number of instances in which the president or his surrogates have flatly denied something — only to have that denial contradicted weeks or months later by new documents or statements. Often, by then the media coverage has moved on to a new controversy.

The release of the tape recording between Trump and his former fixer, Michael Cohen, is only the most recent example of this dynamic. Here’s a sampling of White House denials that eventually unraveled after new information was disclosed. Strikingly, these examples often involve situations that might place the president in legal jeopardy.

There are, of course, many other instances — such as denials that Trump considered firing special prosecutor Robert S. Mueller III or why Trump fired FBI Director James B. Comey — but we kept this list to cases in which either the administration admitted or official records showed the initial denial was false.

...CONTINUE READING...

Reactions: 6 people
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
If only someone would pound into his giant head the definitions of "TRUTH" and "FACT"...in the REAL WORLD.

LOL ....

Fake News claiming to not be Fake News.

That's a good one.

And, the Fact Checker outlets are the worst examples of Fake News.

How many Americans do you think will restore their confidence in the Fake News MSM as a result of this article?

1000? 100? 10? 1?

How about ZERO.

The Fake News MSM has absolutely no credibility with normal thinking Americans in this Country as evidenced by the ratings.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
"evil libruls" would be a great name for a rock band, wouldn't it?

They could have a "evil libruls across America" tour later this year...
LOL ....

That's a good way to get attacked by the Fascist on the Left.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
LOL ....

That's a good one.

How many Americans do you think will restore their confidence in the Fake News MSM as a result of this article?

1000? 100? 10? 1?

How about ZERO.

The Fake News MSM has absolutely no credibility with normal thinking Americans in this Country as evidenced by the ratings.
It really doesn't matter how many dupes think the truth is a lie. It's still the truth.

Just because you're too subservient to question anything your Dear Leader says, that doesn't make facts into fiction.

Reactions: 4 people
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
It really doesn't matter how many dupes think the truth is a lie. It's still the truth.

Just because you're too subservient to question anything your Dear Leader says, that doesn't make facts into fiction.
Fake News is not the truth and that's the point.

Americans are much more intelligent than the elitist in the fake news MSM think.

All you have to do is look at the ratings.

Sep 2016
My own world
LOL ....

That's a good one.

1000? 100? 10? 1?

How about ZERO.

Really, you insist on being a RUBE. For fuck sake even Fox News has called Trump out on his constant lying. Watch the clips yourself

Smith blasts Trump administration on Russia: "Lie after lie after lie"Shep Smith was at it again following the news breaking about Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Kremlin-linked lawyer. He took the Trump administration to task for its many lies about meetings with Russia, including Jared Kushner failing to report the meeting on his security clearance forms. "My grandmother used to say, 'What a tangled web we weave when first we try to deceive,'" Smith declared on air, leaving fellow anchor Chris Wallace speechless.

https://www.thewrap.com/11-times-fox-news-criticized-trump/

Reactions: 2 people
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Really, you insist on being a RUBE. For fuck sake even Fox News has called Trump out on his constant lying. Watch the clips yourself

Smith blasts Trump administration on Russia: "Lie after lie after lie"Shep Smith was at it again following the news breaking about Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Kremlin-linked lawyer. He took the Trump administration to task for its many lies about meetings with Russia, including Jared Kushner failing to report the meeting on his security clearance forms. "My grandmother used to say, 'What a tangled web we weave when first we try to deceive,'" Smith declared on air, leaving fellow anchor Chris Wallace speechless.

https://www.thewrap.com/11-times-fox-news-criticized-trump/
Uhm-Hmm ....

I'll ask you the same question:

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Fake News is not the truth and that's the point.

Americans are much more intelligent than the elitist in the fake news MSM think.

All you have to do is look at the ratings.
Ratings are meaningless at determining the truth. If they weren't, Avatar would be non-fiction.

My point is that calling something fake doesn't make it so—a point that the gullible congregations at his rallies just don't understand. In fact I think it's more likely that they just don't care what the truth is.

Your point is:

Reactions: 1 person