Only If Invited

Jul 2011
USA
Officials say the State Department plans to hire a private force — over 5,000 strong — to protect diplomatic personnel, guard embassy buildings and operate a fleet of aircraft and armored vehicles.
The State Department? Ain't the State Dept run by Hillary? Cause I remember Hillary back in 2008:

"In addition to removing American troops from Iraq, I will also work to remove armed private military contractors who are conducting combat-oriented and security functions in Iraq. For five years their behavior and lack of supervision and accountability have often eroded our credibility, endangered U.S. and Iraqi lives and undermined our mission. Now, Senator Obama and I have a substantive disagreement here. He won’t rule out continuing to use armed private military contractors in Iraq to do jobs that historically have been done by the U.S. military or government personnel. When I am president I will ask the Joint Chiefs for their help in reducing reliance on armed private military contractors. With the goal of ultimately implementing a ban on such contractors."

But as Sec of State she's gonna hire 5000? Don't concern yourself hillary, this is just another topic nobody cares about anymore. Once such a black mark on our reputation and what not........your political party no longer f'n cares. Again, proving without the slightest doubt they never really cared in the first place. These contractors were used against Bush politically, now that Bush isn't President anymore.........screw your suggestion we "ban" such contractors Hillary, grab your hiring hat and get on with it.

Such a hypocrite

Vortex

Former Staff
Dec 2006
home
Gee, would you have some links to support your OP?

on edit: Is this proof that you fear Hillary?

Last edited:
Jul 2011
USA
Back to Iraq? Only If Invited, Contractor Says - Washington Wire - WSJ

Vortex, I apologize. I often forget none of you could give a rat's ass about Iraq anymore, I often forget the Wall street Journal and other informative news desks are the only media reporting on Iraq anymore. So I often assume wrongly that when the State Department is about to hire 5000 more contractors the media would f'n cover it and liberals would be up in arms, I remember the guff and spazzing over Blackwater. I forget you Lot and many other anti-war fakes don't pay attention to either conflict anymore, nobody carss about Gitmo, or deatinee rights or private contractors in the ME and what it does to our global reputation, it's not even going to be a 2012 campaign issue anymore.....is it, Vortex?

My my, what a difference a President makes.

Reactions: Six

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
The reason national security isn't a campaign issue in 2012 is because the GOP has no argument against Obama on national security.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
On the topic, are these men being retained as contractors, part of a PMC(s), or are they being hired into Diplomatic Security, who are basically the State Department's Secret Service, charged with protecting Clinton, ambassadors, etc.

Reactions: Babba
Jul 2011
USA
The reason national security isn't a campaign issue in 2012 is because the GOP has no argument against Obama on national security.
Exactly, we remain consistent in supporting those national security policies....meanwhile you Democrats inconsistenly don't care anymore. Do you?

Vortex

Former Staff
Dec 2006
home
Back to Iraq? Only If Invited, Contractor Says - Washington Wire - WSJ

Vortex, I apologize. I often forget none of you could give a rat's ass about Iraq anymore, I often forget the Wall street Journal and other informative news desks are the only media reporting on Iraq anymore. So I often assume wrongly that when the State Department is about to hire 5000 more contractors the media would f'n cover it and liberals would be up in arms, I remember the guff and spazzing over Blackwater. I forget you Lot and many other anti-war fakes don't pay attention to either conflict anymore, nobody carss about Gitmo, or deatinee rights or private contractors in the ME and what it does to our global reputation, it's not even going to be a 2012 campaign issue anymore.....is it, Vortex?

My my, what a difference a President makes.
The article is about Xe Services, LLC formerly known as Blackwater, the corporation that murdered Iraqis and raped females at will, wanting back into Iraq. It does reference the State Department wanting to hire 5,000 to provide security to the embassy and the US diplomats in Iraq. I just don't see your issue with this and I still don't see any of the particulars from the state department.

I was against the war, have wanted the troops out and think we need to let the Iraqis govern themselves as they deem fit. But if they (the Iraqis) want us to stay to help and the monster embassy that Bush built is manned by US citizens, then by all means those people should receive adequate protection. If the troops are not there then it only stands to reason that the state department hire the security personnel.

Sounds like the contracts will be put out to bid, that there has been no determination as to who will be that private security force. That is different than the no-bid contracts given to Blackwater so I guess you are right, what a difference a president makes.

I cannot figure out which one scares you the most, is it Obama or Hillary Clinton.

Jul 2011
USA
On the topic, are these men being retained as contractors, part of a PMC(s), or are they being hired into Diplomatic Security, who are basically the State Department's Secret Service, charged with protecting Clinton, ambassadors, etc.
I've no idea, seems a contradiction for Hillary either way. And perhaps the reason we don't know specifics is because the msm has ceased covering such details.

Jul 2011
USA
The article is about Xe Services, LLC formerly known as Blackwater, the corporation that murdered Iraqis and raped females at will, wanting back into Iraq. It does reference the State Department wanting to hire 5,000 to provide security to the embassy and the US diplomats in Iraq..
Yes it does reference Hillary's State Department wanting to hire private contract security she once railed about and used in campaign. My issue is it highlights hypocrisy and is just more proof positive these issues nerver bothered anyone in the first place.