Ontarians Vote!

Seraphima

Former Staff
Aug 2010
Voters have begun casting their ballots in Ontario's 40th provincial election, which many polls suggest could be one of the province's closest votes in decades.

Polls opened at 9 a.m. ET Thursday and close at 9 p.m.

CBC will publish election results across multiple platforms as they are made available by Elections Ontario (see sidebar).
Ontarians head to the polls - Ontario Votes 2011 - CBC News

I almost forgot to vote (I didn't realise it was the 6th!) but I got there. C'mon Liberals! :)

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Ontarians head to the polls - Ontario Votes 2011 - CBC News

I almost forgot to vote (I didn't realise it was the 6th!) but I got there. C'mon Liberals! :)

WHUT!??? You almost forgot to vote!!!?? We'd have had to roast you FOR SURE!

I love election day! Been watching some of the headlines on the election on Google News CA and Globe and Mail. But I can't remember who is favored! Go Liberals! (I'll cheer for that team :) )

Here's an article on close/interesting contests:
CTV Toronto - Ontario election-night political fights to watch - CTV News

Seraphima

Former Staff
Aug 2010
WHUT!??? You almost forgot to vote!!!?? We'd have had to roast you FOR SURE!

I love election day! Been watching some of the headlines on the election on Google News CA and Globe and Mail. But I can't remember who is favored! Go Liberals! (I'll cheer for that team :) )

Here's an article on close/interesting contests:
CTV Toronto - Ontario election-night political fights to watch - CTV News
Many seinor Liberal Cabinet Ministers jumped shipped several months ago rather ominously - I get the feeling it will either be a Liberal Minority or a Conservative Minority. It's going to be a tight-race but I live in a Liberal stronghold that isn't likely to change. I actually interned for 6 months with my local MPP and he's a great guy. We used to trade notes on Chomsky - he caught me reading "Failed States" on my lunch and was like, "Geeze, I haven't read Chomsky since Oxford" and I was all "Yeah, I'm pretty awesome for a teenager". His kid is also the first infant/baby I've ever held in my entire life. We also used to make fun of beat poetry together, haha.

Man I miss that office sometimes. Tons of fun when we weren't getting yelled at by constituents. ;)

Reactions: Babba

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Many seinor Liberal Cabinet Ministers jumped shipped several months ago rather ominously - I get the feeling it will either be a Liberal Minority or a Conservative Minority. It's going to be a tight-race but I live in a Liberal stronghold that isn't likely to change. I actually interned for 6 months with my local MPP and he's a great guy. We used to trade notes on Chomsky - he caught me reading "Failed States" on my lunch and was like, "Geeze, I haven't read Chomsky since Oxford" and I was all "Yeah, I'm pretty awesome for a teenager". His kid is also the first infant/baby I've ever held in my entire life. We also used to make fun of beat poetry together, haha.

Man I miss that office sometimes. Tons of fun when we weren't getting yelled at by constituents. ;)

neat ..... precocious teen you were, it sounds like :)

Seraphima

Former Staff
Aug 2010
Ahh... results are coming in. PC in the lead for popular vote but Libs have more districts. Won't know for several more hours. I'm nervous about this one!

Edit: Oh, Liberals ahead now for popular vote. Currently (leading for districts - 54 is a majority):

LIB - 35 (as %) 36.77
PC - 29 (as %) 33.68
NDP - 9 (as %) 23.86
GRN - 0 (as %) 2.79
IND - 0 (as %) 0.39

Seraphima

Former Staff
Aug 2010
Some are projecting a Liberal government again. Looking like it could still be a majority... NDP is taking Northern Ontario. PC taking rural Southern Ontario. Liberals holding strong in urban areas.

Edit: Haha - local Communist has 52 votes so far.