Orange County Now Majority Democrat

May 2019
The Wine Country
Heh.

I live much farther north in Sonoma County.

We have a Republican presence here though. The Valero station down in Santa Rosa has one in a nice habitat. But he wasn't moving the last time I was there.

I hope he's alright.

Last edited:
Jan 2007
Orange County is also very wealthy and that means they will tend to move more away from the GOP. GOP has gone full blown working class and supports tariffs and no trade agreements. Anti globalization etc. Most white collar, educated voters are against tariffs and for globalization while the blue collared work force isnt. Unless the GOP moves back toward the Bush's I dont expect that to change.
S. California has repopulated itself with Mexico. Conservative middle class are fleeing California. If democrats grab power, immigration will finish us off. It will be poverty blue forever. Even senile Biden loves endless , massive immigration. and he is supposed to be somewhat moderate. The hell he is.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
There is less than 50 million Latino/Hispanic citizens in the US.

Trump has no problem with Latino/Hispanic citizens. Trump loves legal immigrants, he even married two.

Latino/Hispanics are typically devout Catholic or protestant, and conservative.
You number is waaay off

And hate to tell you, living in CA I know quite a few Hispanics.

Just a very few (older) are conservative and religious

Their kids (younger) yeah, not so much.

Looks like people are freaking out about white people no longer being the majority.

Why? I have no idea.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
S. California has repopulated itself with Mexico. Conservative middle class are fleeing California. If democrats grab power, immigration will finish us off. It will be poverty blue forever. Even senile Biden loves endless , massive immigration. and he is supposed to be somewhat moderate. The hell he is.

This literally makes no sense.

A lot of it has to do with people who live in the suburbs (mostly women) who are fed up with the GOP. I guess you missed that in the mid-term election.

OC is a pretty affluent area.

Jan 2007
This literally makes no sense.

A lot of it has to do with people who live in the suburbs (mostly women) who are fed up with the GOP. I guess you missed that in the mid-term election.

OC is a pretty affluent area.
What percent of California is Hispanic?
38.8%

By ethnicity, 38.8% of the total population is Hispanic-Latino (of any race) and 61.4% Non-Hispanic (of any race). Hispanics are the largest ethnic group in California. In 2015, California had the largest ethnic/racial minority population in the United States.

This is old data.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
What percent of California is Hispanic?
38.8%

By ethnicity, 38.8% of the total population is Hispanic-Latino (of any race) and 61.4% Non-Hispanic (of any race). Hispanics are the largest ethnic group in California. In 2015, California had the largest ethnic/racial minority population in the United States.

This is old data.

And? I grew up in Orange County. Even back then you had cities like Santa Ana that were mostly Hispanic. Westminster was mostly Asain.

What is wrong with having Hispanic American Citizens living in any city, county or state?

Or you just assume, like other people here that have no idea what they are talking about - that all Hispanic people are "illegal"?

Apr 2015
Katmandu
You number is waaay off

And hate to tell you, living in CA I know quite a few Hispanics.

Just a very few (older) are conservative and religious

Their kids (younger) yeah, not so much.

Looks like people are freaking out about white people no longer being the majority.

Why? I have no idea.
It should be easy to prove me wrong with a cite, I note freaking out, just correcting your number which is off by 500%.

Mar 2019
California
Democrats now outnumber Republicans in Orange County, onetime GOP stronghold
Orange County famously helped launch Ronald Reagan’s political career in the 1960s, and it’s also home to Richard Nixon’s presidential library.
By Carrie Dann

####################################################################################
That is great news for Democrats in a once bright red county! As more and more people explore the differences between Republicans and Democrats they are choosing to go Democratic. The once Republican stronghold is now losing its grip on that title. Great!
Commiefornia has been going down the toilet for 20 years. Or MORE. The Cancer spot was Berkeley in the 1960's. Governor Reagan tried a little surgery on the Cancer , but didn't get it all. Now it has spread throughout the State. And all Regular Orange County residents moved to Texas.

Jan 2007
And? I grew up in Orange County. Even back then you had cities like Santa Ana that were mostly Hispanic. Westminster was mostly Asain.

What is wrong with having Hispanic American Citizens living in any city, county or state?

Or you just assume, like other people here that have no idea what they are talking about - that all Hispanic people are "illegal"?
Many legal Hispanics don't want the illegals though most Hispanic lawmakers do.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Commiefornia has been going down the toilet for 20 years. Or MORE. The Cancer spot was Berkeley in the 1960's. Governor Reagan tried a little surgery on the Cancer , but didn't get it all. Now it has spread throughout the State. And all Regular Orange County residents moved to Texas.
Then no doubt that's why Texas is now considered to be a purple state from being once cherry red.