Order to Stop Trump's Pick for CFPB is Denied

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
In a victory for the Trump White House, a temporary restraining order to halt the president's pick for acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFBP), Mick Mulvaney, was denied by a judge Tuesday afternoon.

Judge Timothy Kelly ruled in favor of Trump in his effort to appoint White House budget director Mulvaney to lead the bureau, the nation's top financial watchdog agency.

Temporary restraining order to stop Trump's pick for CFPB is denied | Fox News

Is anyone surprised by this ruling?

Sep 2014
Barsoom
Not really based on the law. I am curious why. I assumed it would be a standing issue since English filed the lawsuit as a private citizen.

Feb 2007
In my mind
Oh, sorry. God damned liberal activist judges creating law form the bench!

Wait, this went in Turmp's favor, at least through perception? Well, the court is the final arbiter, and that is how the founders wanted it.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Well the Judge is question was a Trump pick.

Bad move. The CFPB is supposed to be an independent agency. I guess that is out the window now

I wonder why this administration, who ran on helping the "little people" screws them over every chance they get...

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The CFPB is an unConstitutional organization set up by Pocahontas and others under B. Hussein Obama's reign.

It essentially is a money laundering scheme meant to fund extreme left wing causes.

It's days are numbered.

Good damn riddance.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
The CFPB is an unConstitutional organization set up by Pocahontas and others under B. Hussein Obama's reign.

It essentially is a money laundering scheme meant to fund extreme left wing causes.

It's days are numbered.

Good damn riddance.
I assume you root for the bad guys in movies too?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

It's days are numbered.

Good damn riddance.
Per usual, you have no idea what your talking about.

They protect consumer's from the big corps crapping on them.

Like Well's Fargo who took out fraudulent accounts on many of their consumer's and paid a heavy price for that

Today the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) fined Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. $100 million for the widespread illegal practice of secretly opening unauthorized deposit and credit card accounts. Spurred by sales targets and compensation incentives, employees boosted sales figures by covertly opening accounts and funding them by transferring funds from consumers’ authorized accounts without their knowledge or consent, often racking up fees or other charges. According to the bank’s own analysis, employees opened more than two million deposit and credit card accounts that may not have been authorized by consumers. Wells Fargo will pay full restitution to all victims and a $100 million fine to the CFPB’s Civil Penalty Fund. The bank will also pay an additional $35 million penalty to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and another $50 million to the City and County of Los Angeles.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-fines-wells-fargo-100-million-widespread-illegal-practice-secretly-opening-unauthorized-accounts/

But we get it John - your so indoctrinated with hate for anything you perceive as "liberal" that your actually happy about the little guy like you, getting screwed over.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Court sides with Trump in consumer agency fight

A federal judge on Tuesday rejected a lawsuit from an official who claims that she, and not President Trump appointee Mick Mulvaney, is the rightful director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Judge Timothy Berry of the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia declined to grant Leandra English a restraining order to bar Mulvaney from serving as the CFPB's acting director.
The ruling clears the way for Mulvaney to run the CFPB until a permanent director is sworn in or English successfully appeals the decision.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/court-sides-with-trump-in-consumer-agency-fight/ar-BBFTjq6

mildly surprised.
But, not at all that unexpected.
Courts typically don't like to get in the middle of political fights.

Last edited:
Sep 2014
Barsoom
Well the Judge is question was a Trump pick.

Bad move. The CFPB is supposed to be an independent agency. I guess that is out the window now

I wonder why this administration, who ran on helping the "little people" screws them over every chance they get...
The DC Appellate Court has already ruled that the CFPB's independent structure without Presidential supervision is unconstitutional.