Organic Farming in America, I don't think so...

M

michaelr

FDA asks lawmakers for more regulatory powers

$500,000 dollar fine if you do, but hey the government just has your best interest at heart.

BTW this is being done by Stephen Sundlof, and DeLauro, who are Obama's picks. I guess the dirt loving tree hugging liberals are a think of the past, just like the neocons, the Neolibs are a very dangerous breed. Pees of a pod if you ask me.

[youtube]epXNJNjYBvw[/youtube]

M

Moderates of America

Alright...I read the article and didn't know WTF you were talking about. Then, I reloaded the page and the video popped up so it makes now.

Monsanto and the other agriculture corporations have been using the government to create a monopoly in farming by shutting down the competition. This has been going on for a long time. Big Agriculture companies have actually patented seeds that other people have been using for generations and using government agencies to create regulations on the small farmers. They want to control all aspects of farming, which is scary cause who ever owns all the food has the world on a leash.

M

michaelr

Alright...I read the article and didn't know WTF you were talking about. Then, I reloaded the page and the video popped up so it makes now.

Monsanto and the other agriculture corporations have been using the government to create a monopoly in farming by shutting down the competition. This has been going on for a long time. Big Agriculture companies have actually patented seeds that other people have been using for generations and using government agencies to create regulations on the small farmers. They want to control all aspects of farming, which is scary cause who ever owns all the food has the world on a leash.
I apologize, I failed to add the video and had to edit the OP, I am glad you refreshed the page.

This is about as bad as it gets, many farmers I know do it the old fashion way, without Monsanto's help. The government would have them go out of business rather than have them produce healthy foods. I have a lot of issues with GM crops, none of them good.

F

freethinkr

Thank god the government is here to protect us from organic farmers. I'm not sure how we ever survived as a species for thousands of years with no government controls on agriculture. I just can't wait until the supermarket mirrors the DMV and I can stand in line for hours to get my food. Need to work up an appetite and all.

N

nonsqtr

FDA asks lawmakers for more regulatory powers

$500,000 dollar fine if you do, but hey the government just has your best interest at heart.

BTW this is being done by Stephen Sundlof, and DeLauro, who are Obama's picks. I guess the dirt loving tree hugging liberals are a think of the past, just like the neocons, the Neolibs are a very dangerous breed. Pees of a pod if you ask me.

[youtube]epXNJNjYBvw[/youtube]
Ha ha - this is the "logic" they use -

Federal Agencies said:
Well, we failed at regulating, we fell down on the job and didn't fund the agencies and didn't get the coverage mandated by law -

But hey, we can fix it if we have MORE POWER.
You see the problem here, right? :D

F

freethinkr

I looked around for more information on this, and apparently even people with a backyard garden who only produce the food for themselves can fall under this law. That is completely absurd.

N

nonsqtr

It's pointless till it gets out of committee. Right now it's in committee, and there's no telling what it'll look like if and when it gets out.

I'll tell you what though, if they start taxing me for growing food in my backyward, there will be a full scale rebellion. I guarantee it.

Look - they already control the money, they're not telling us what they're doing with OUR money in spite of a court order to the contrary - and the People know about this and we aren't too happy about it - in fact we're not too happy about the whole bailout thing -

AND, they're trying to take away our political rights too, and not only that, they're trying to take away our CORPORATE rights too!!! The Right to Redress - they're telling you that you CAN'T sue your HMO if they fail to pay for your treatment like they're supposed to!

They're taking away our privately owned LAND (Kelo v New London), and giving it to private corporations for private use - that's a BLATANT violation of property Rights!!!

And, they're engaging us in TREATIES without Congressional approval! What do you think a corporate relationship with the United States is? That's a TREATY!!! They get away with this crap 'cause foreign corporations are considered "non-governmental entities", and well, guess what, if they're doing business with the Gubmint of Mexico INC, then it's not a governmental entity!

They've found a LOOPHOLE to get around the Constitution!!!

These are non-uniformed combatants, they're not covered by the Geneva Conventions!!! :D

M

michaelr

From Non.....
Look - they already control the money, they're not telling us what they're doing with OUR money in spite of a court order to the contrary - and the People know about this and we aren't too happy about it - in fact we're not too happy about the whole bailout thing -
They do not want blood on the streets, not yet anyway, so not telling us will help insure that.

It blows my mind that people defend this government, and have the guts to say that it is not tyrannical.

Guns are the next thing to go. Then they may tell you who has the bailout funds.