Orly Taitz Lawsiut thrown out

Sep 2009
Judge sanctions ‘birther’ attorney

Orly Taitz is a leader of the movement challenging Obama's citizenship

COLUMBUS, Ga. - A federal judge fined a leader of the movement challenging President Barack Obama's citizenship and warned her against using the legal system to pursue "political rhetoric and insults."

U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land's scathing 43-page order Tuesday said California lawyer and dentist Orly Taitz filed "frivolous" litigation and attempted to misuse the federal courts to push a political agenda.

Taitz, a leader of the so-called birther movement, sued in Georgia federal court on behalf of Army Capt. Connie Rhodes. Rhodes sought to avoid deployment to Iraq by claiming Obama wasn't born in the U.S. and that he was "an illegal usurper, unlawful pretender and unqualified impostor."

Documents show the president was born in Hawaii.

Land, appointed in 2001 by President George W. Bush, had already dismissed the lawsuit, but Taitz continued filing motions. He said he fined her $20,000 "as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct and to protect the integrity of the court."

"The absolute absence of any legitimate legal argument, combined with the political diatribe in her motions, demonstrates that Ms. Taitz's purpose is to advance a political agenda and not to pursue a legitimate legal cause of action," Land wrote.

He added that while Taitz's speech is protected by the U.S. Constitution, "the federal courts are reserved for hearing genuine legal disputes, not as a platform for political rhetoric and insults."

Taitz told The Daily Report that Land's order is "an absolute outrage."

"All I can say is that this order is issued with a goal to intimidate me, harass me and retaliate against me for bringing a legitimate action on behalf of my client," she said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33315604/ns/politics-more_politics/

One down.

freckles

Former Staff
Aug 2006
I've only heard her name from 3 people. Two are liberals I know personally who were making fun of her and then this article here. Otherwise, I think I would have lived my entire life without ever knowing who this person was. She's just that relevant.

Sep 2009
[quote name='Ananeele' date='14 October 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1255571115' post='38318']

I've only heard her name from 3 people. Two are liberals I know personally who were making fun of her and then this article here. Otherwise, I think I would have lived my entire life without ever knowing who this person was. She's just that relevant.

[/quote]

I hadn't heard the name until I came here.

Sep 2006
Houston, Tx
Plenty of real and substantial issues to criticize P-Bo on than this birth certificate nonsense. Letting him stay in office is the best thing possible for the Conservative party. They're getting more and more popular with every disasterous bonehead policy of his.

Not too mention does anyone wan't Biden at the wheel ? I mean at least we'll have some semblance of a recognizable Country left after Obama's through with it. But Biden ?

Im waiting for the day where he steps out to the podium to make some speech wearing one of those inverted cones around his neck. You now, the one they put on your dog after a surgery so he won't chew through his stitches. Yea he's that much of a moron.

Vortex

Former Staff
Dec 2006
home
[quote name='Gypsy' date='14 October 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1255570574' post='38316']

Judge sanctions ‘birther’ attorney

One down.

[/quote]

Actually, I believe that makes three down.

She has two other suits pending.

She is being sued by another "birther" and an ethics complaint has been filed against her in California, the only state she is licensed to practice in.

She is a dentist who studied online to obtain her law degree.

She is a whackadoodle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orly_Taitz

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
West Coast 4 Life
I don't know much about Orly Taitz and Wikipedia is only as accurate as, well you know... but this is an impressive list of beliefs and claims.

"Taitz alleges that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and that he falsified his Selective Service papers and his application to the Illinois bar. Regarding Obama, Taitz has said: "I believe he is the most dangerous thing one can imagine, in that he represents radical communism and radical Islam: He was born and raised in radical Islam, all of his associations are with radical Islam, and he was groomed in the environment of the dirty Chicago mafia. Can there be anything scarier than that?"

Other Obama-related conspiracy theories Taitz has repeated include:

* A number of homosexuals from Obama's former church have died mysteriously.

* Obama has dozens of social security numbers, and his passport is inaccurate. Taitz claims that a person who was cooperating with the FBI in connection with Obama's passport died mysteriously, "shot in the head".

* A Kenyan birth certificate with the name "Barack Obama" is authentic.

* Obama's first act as president was to donate money to Hamas, which she claims will be used to build Qassam rockets.

* Obama or someone connected to him has made threats to Taitz's life, including vandalizing her car

* Obama is having FEMA build internment camps for "Anti-Obama dissidents"

Taitz also has advanced or supported a number of other conspiracy theories not directly related to Obama, including: that Goldman Sachs runs the United States Treasury, that Baxter International has developed a bird flu vaccine that kills people, that Representative Alcee Hastings and the House of Representatives are planning to build at least six labor camps, that Hugo Chavez owns the software that runs American voting machines, that FactCheck is untrustworthy because of its links to the Annenberg Foundation, and that Fox News is partly owned by Saudi Arabia. Taitz has also advocated numerous Internet-related conspiracy theories, including complaints about alleged PayPal attacks and the previous deletion of her Wikipedia entry and allegations that Google improperly flagged her web page as an attack site and suppressed search results for her name."

Sep 2009
[quote name='boontito' date='14 October 2009 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1255576790' post='38331']

I don't know much about Orly Taitz and Wikipedia is only as accurate as, well you know... but this is an impressive list of beliefs and claims.

"Taitz alleges that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and that he falsified his Selective Service papers and his application to the Illinois bar. Regarding Obama, Taitz has said: "I believe he is the most dangerous thing one can imagine, in that he represents radical communism and radical Islam: He was born and raised in radical Islam, all of his associations are with radical Islam, and he was groomed in the environment of the dirty Chicago mafia. Can there be anything scarier than that?"

Other Obama-related conspiracy theories Taitz has repeated include:

* A number of homosexuals from Obama's former church have died mysteriously.

* Obama has dozens of social security numbers, and his passport is inaccurate. Taitz claims that a person who was cooperating with the FBI in connection with Obama's passport died mysteriously, "shot in the head".

* A Kenyan birth certificate with the name "Barack Obama" is authentic.

* Obama's first act as president was to donate money to Hamas, which she claims will be used to build Qassam rockets.

* Obama or someone connected to him has made threats to Taitz's life, including vandalizing her car

* Obama is having FEMA build internment camps for "Anti-Obama dissidents"

Taitz also has advanced or supported a number of other conspiracy theories not directly related to Obama, including: that Goldman Sachs runs the United States Treasury, that Baxter International has developed a bird flu vaccine that kills people, that Representative Alcee Hastings and the House of Representatives are planning to build at least six labor camps, that Hugo Chavez owns the software that runs American voting machines, that FactCheck is untrustworthy because of its links to the Annenberg Foundation, and that Fox News is partly owned by Saudi Arabia. Taitz has also advocated numerous Internet-related conspiracy theories, including complaints about alleged PayPal attacks and the previous deletion of her Wikipedia entry and allegations that Google improperly flagged her web page as an attack site and suppressed search results for her name."

[/quote]

My God she is the queen of paranoia!

Jan 2009
[quote name='Gypsy' date='14 October 2009 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1255577115' post='38332']

My God she is the queen of paranoia!

[/quote]

all hail, the queen!

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
[quote name='Gypsy' date='14 October 2009 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1255570574' post='38316']

COLUMBUS, Ga. - A federal judge warned her against using the legal system to pursue "political rhetoric and insults." One down. [/quote]

Examine this statement, then ask yourself where the federal judges were when Valerie Plame and her husband were scamming the legal system?

Oct 2009
If there is such a thing as judicial smackdown, this is it. Read the full order written by the Judge. Its just scathing.

Apparently Taitz leveled personal accusations of treason against the judge in her affidavits. She needs to be disbarred.