Oscar De La Hoya plans to run for president in 2020

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya said on Tuesday that he plans to launch an unexpected bid for the United States presidency in 2020.

"It's real," the former six-weight world title holder and 1992 Olympic champion said, in response to growing rumors that he was preparing a bid for public office. De La Hoya was speaking at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where he is promoting Saturday's much-anticipated middleweight rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin. "That’s the beauty of our nation," De La Hoya continued. "If Arnold (Schwarzenegger) can be governor, if (Donald) Trump can be President, then why can’t a Mexican-American who won an Olympic gold medal, who’s over 35 and a U.S. citizen, run for presidency?”

De La Hoya enjoys huge popularity among Mexican-Americans, and captured the hearts of the nation when he won his Olympic title in Barcelona and dedicated it to his mother Cecilia, who had previously died of breast cancer. The 45-year-old said he would run as a Democrat during the next electoral cycle and believes his boxing promotional experience and personal wealth would help him obtain the necessary funding to sustain a tilt at the highest office in the land.

Oscar De La Hoya says he will run for United States president

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
:oops: I don't really know anything about him. Maybe he'd be a great president. But I doubt it. I really would like a president with experience and knowledge in government. This idea that anyone can become president has gone too far.
Yea I agree. We see that particularly with things like natural disasters. We need experienced people that know how the system works and can be quick to assist. Its the little things like that we dont realize until its too late how important experience can be. I also think its gone too far but I also think it can be effective. Voters might like these celebrities.

Jan 2016
Colorado
:oops: I don't really know anything about him. Maybe he'd be a great president. But I doubt it. I really would like a president with experience and knowledge in government. This idea that anyone can become president has gone too far.
If anything, Babba, this is a colossal understatement. This is basically saying that Joe Sixpack could be President.