Oscar Ratings Down, Eye All-Time Low In Early Estimates

Jul 2013
On a happy trail

Thoughts on why the Hollywood crowd can't understand why the ratings just keep declining?
Link to documentation supporting your OP, the OP that states Hollywood doesn't "understand". Because movies are making more money than ever before. Or is it just the numbers attending a silly ceremony that determines if an industry is viable in your world?

Last edited:
Sep 2014
United States
Gee, a show in the land of misogyny, where alt-left libs spend hours telling each other how important they are for pretending for a living, hosted by the alt-left hack Chuckles Kimmel, sucked in the ratings?

I'm shocked, shocked I tellls ya!
'
:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

Feb 2016
Yoknapatawpha County
Link to documentation supporting your OP, the OP that states Hollywood doesn't "understand". Because movies are making more money than ever before. Or is it just the numbers attending a silly ceremony that determines if an industry is viable in your world?
I provided a link already. I asked the question as to why the Liberals of Hollywood insist on alienating so many of their "potential" audiences.

So, why do the Liberals in Hollywood do this, in your opinion.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Indeed awards shows are drawing fewer and fewer eyeballs in general. The comedy has become completely stale — anyone can see better, more provocative material on any of the night shows.

The performances, to the extent that they ever were a selling point, can be easily youtubed about 30 minutes after the show is over, if not earlier.

TV viewership in general is in decline. The award shows are just particularly uninteresting when you're talking about things you have to see live in order to appreciate.

As for the Oscars, just don't watch them. Not because of the politics, I mean, if you want that to be your reason, fine, but because they're fake.

It is a group of actors, producers and directors giving awards to themselves, and the awards are not decided by objective criteria, but by who campaigns the best among the academy's closed membership.

Even the Academy itself is totally fake — they don't teach anything, they barely contribute to the art of film-making all on their own and they exclude independent film-making.

I haven't watched for four years now.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
I provided a link already. I asked the question as to why the Liberals of Hollywood insist on alienating so many of their "potential" audiences.

So, why do the Liberals in Hollywood do this, in your opinion.
The link says nothing about If Hollywood "understands" or not. That's your strawman teach.

Or maybe you could supply documentation that numbers viewing silly ceremonies always correlates to industry health or decline.

Sep 2014
United States
Really?

Movie theater attendance in the US and Canada in 2017 fell to its lowest point since at least 1992,
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/3/16844662/movie-theater-attendance-2017-low-netflix-streaming

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I thought ratings for EVERYTHING on television is down? Big Bang Theory is down, we're told it's for this reason. NFL ratings are down, we're told it's for that reason. Oscars ratings are down, we're told it's for another reason. The common denominator is that they're all on television. People are watching less television in general.