OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! G-O, uh, what?

Jun 2011
N/A
OUCH!!!

A
ccording to Politico:

"Barely half of Republicans know what “GOP” stands for, according to a new poll.

Just 51 percent of party members in a Vanity Fair/CBS News Poll on Monday correctly said the acronym stood for “Grand Old Party.”

Overall, 45 percent of Americans gave the right answer and only 38 percent of Democrats were on the mark.
Among all voters, the next most popular answer was “Government of the People,” which 35 percent of those surveyed picked. Seven percent said GOP stood for “Grumpy Old People,” 3 percent said it was “God’s Own Party,” while 9 percent said they didn’t know what GOP meant."

Reactions: Devil505

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
I saw that earlier today .... I was like, really? They don't know what it means?????

tis weird.

Sep 2011
New York
It honestly doesn't surprise me.

It seems people are more likely to hear it called the "Repugnant Party" than the "Grand Ole Party" anymore.

Jun 2011
N/A
It honestly doesn't surprise me.

It seems people are more likely to hear it called the "Repugnant Party" than the "Grand Ole Party" anymore.
Ask most people to name the first 5 Presidents of our Union in chronological order and I bet that 80% of them cannot do it.