Our country is closed and coming apart over a wall that this country doesn't want

Mar 2015
Minnesota
You talking about the Secure Fence Act of 2006?

If so, you failed.
yup with most of the money going to technology and more border patrol. I'll except a two strand fence no higher then three feet , if They also agree to put neon signs every quarter mile at the border saying welcome th the United states , the land of opportunity. This criminal leader is the laughing stock of the world ,as is his goof ball 30-50 foot wall and the people that are supporting it are a joke and just about the whole country is laughing at you.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Border security has been funded consistently for the past several presidential administrations. When did Democrats try to eliminate, or even reduce funding for border security?
Just say bullshit to them, that's all they got , biggest boost in border patrol was from Obama.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Well the division is both sides want to fund border security but one side does not want the border security spent on a useless incomplete wall. I say incomplete because a true wall can't be built across the length of the US southern and/or northern border so the thinking is why throw money away that can go to technology and border guards.

Just because some want a wall and some don't is rather unimportant if the question confronting Congress is investing in the best border security particularly when they know walls can't stop immigrants in areas where a wall takes several hours to get to and they know even steel can be removed with saws people sold to anyone.

In any case Trump took full credit for the shutdown that is unrelated to his little wall so I guess he is proud. Besides as they noted they can have garage sales to get them through this and as Trump noted he borrowed one million from his father so he relates to those who are not getting paid and having to borrow from their parents and then there all the taxpayers who may not get their refunds right away, finally hungry children going without food but I guess if they have a garage sale, a lemonade stand, or borrow from their parents...
I'm way past these haters, I want the border opened more , work visas for any Mexican that has a job here.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
You realize the Great Wall of China is like 13,000 miles and the United States border with Mexico is 1954 miles? The idea that it is “impossible?” That is absolutely ludicrous. During the First World War there were about 25,000 miles of trenches on the western front. Heck. Our Interstate system ALONE is about 48,000 miles. They started building that in 1956 and completed the official plans in 1991. That is a rate of 1371 miles a year.

There are a host of economic factors that would make this easier now, but end of day? It can be done.
Want to see stupid , every example listed was easily gotten around. So easily in fact that it was a joke . Even the great wall was a show of power and was never considered as a stop for anyone. Anyone got a wall that was built that wasn't a joke. If you do we will take a look at their history.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
What do the Clinton's think?

The weakest response that can be given about a person is by suggesting or bringing up what someone else does. like it can justify what scum bag wants., That's a joke, only something to make fun of. Along with the people that think there is substance to that kind of response.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
Listen since this issue and the people who support this have become the laughing stock of this country, knowing that it is totally stupid idea. Since we can only laugh at this group now, it's time to step up with the idea of opening our borders more. I mean a lot more. Work visas for any Mexican that has a job here.

Nov 2015
UK
The weakest response that can be given about a person is by suggesting or bringing up what someone else does. like it can justify what scum bag wants., That's a joke, only something to make fun of. Along with the people that think there is substance to that kind of response.
No it doesn't. You can find countless videos on YouTube of past politicians all supporting walls, barriers, surveillance, patrols, deportations etc.. whilst frothing at the mouth. As soon as Trump is president, they are all now frothing at the mouth to claim they love illegals, want them to vote, put them up in 5 star hotels, they're all lovely families and what a waste of money trying to defend the borders.

It's called, "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and it's as obvious as a puppy sitting beside a big pile of poo.