Our Government are dictators

M

Maritxu

I'm with you! Bush is nothing better, but maybe saying he's a dictator is going too far. yet...

I

Inkslinger

You're being unfair to Saddam and Adolph for comparing them with Bush. Bush has bigger toys then those guys ever had... ~Inky

S

splansing

Barometer check

Are you guys really pretty far to the left in general? Or do you consider yourselves to be more moderate? Yes, this is a serious question. Because it seems to me that a moderate perspective is not really well-served by comparisons between Bush and Hitler. The issue isn't whether Bush has started a war. The issue is that Hitler is such a loaded word, by the time you factor in the systematic slaughter of millions of Jews and his wacko master race thing. Hitler isn't just Hitler anymore. The word "Hitler" is literally the emodiment of everything that is evil and wrong. There is little chance that such comparisons will ever succeed in communicating any sort of point to somebody who doesn't already really hate George Bush.

Personally, I hate the man, and I can't wait until we're rid of him. But this is not because I am particularly left-leaning. I'm fiscally conservative, believe in smaller government, and am not particularly in favor of providing for the needs of everybody that comes along with their hand out with some sort of federal welfare sink. I tend to be more liberal on social issues, and think that gay people should be left alone and religion ought to be cut out of our government anytime we become aware of its presence. Bush is not conservative except in the way he panders to religious groups. He flips back and forth between big government and small government solutions constantly, apparently according to whatever will satisfy whoever is paying his bills that day. I think he's a horrible president, and I don't want to see an idiot like him elected ever again, at any level of government (although I realize that's a pipe dream).

The only way to make that happen is to build the credibility of a moderate movement and to bring into focus the message that we will demand at the polls that our leaders are competent, intelligent people who know how to govern responsibly. Fight fire with water, basically. If you want to restore the power to the middle, where it belongs in any self-respecting democracy, you cannot be associated with over-the-top rhetoric and hyperbole.

M

Maritxu

Are you guys really pretty far to the left in general? Or do you consider yourselves to be more moderate?
I'm not a moderate by any means! LOL I am 100% left man!
But although I am not an extremist, people like to acuse me of that.

The word "Hitler" is literally the emodiment of everything that is evil and wrong.
Agreed!
Someday maybe they use "Bush" instead

There is little chance that such comparisons will ever succeed in communicating any sort of point to somebody who doesn't already really hate George Bush.
Why not? it simply means that Bush is evil.
Anyway, people that do hate Bush enjoy them very much.
:p

A

A Moderate

Are you still with this "Bush is a dictator" campaign? Wow...can you show me where he has ruled in absolute? And I mean ABSOLUTE. Like a true dictator. You can't. You're either over-exaggerating or caught up in a sad lie.

I

Inkslinger

Are you still with this "Bush is a dictator" campaign? Wow...can you show me where he has ruled in absolute? And I mean ABSOLUTE. Like a true dictator. You can't. You're either over-exaggerating or caught up in a sad lie.
It's Paul Revere all over again. PNAC's agenda has eerie similarities to Nazi Gemany. Imperialistic greed driven policies. I'm all for anybody that waves this red flag.. ~Inky