Our laws are stupid, according to the president

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
I can't recall any president ever saying something this stupid and this base. I can remember presidents saying some laws and regulations don't work as intended. What about you? Ever heard a president say our laws are stupid?

(Ref: Trump's press conference remarks about border security today.)

Nov 2013
NY
I can't recall any president ever saying something this stupid and this base. I can remember presidents saying some laws and regulations don't work as intended. What about you? Ever heard a president say our laws are stupid?

(Ref: Trump's press conference remarks about border security today.)
Do you ACTUALLY disagree that we have some very stupid laws in the books ?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Yes, but I don't think the president should speak this way publicly about any law.
I do.

If they feel strongly enough about it they shouldn't hold back. Especially if its a law they are doing away with or altering or is of subject for debate.

But if they are just flaming, then yeah...

Was he flaming?

Nov 2013
NY
Yes, but I don't think the president should speak this way publicly about any law.
So, he should not "have" an opinion ? Or he should not "share" his opinion.. and keep his electorate in the dark about what he thinks about the laws ?

Disinformation and hiding one's personal opinion and preference in the name of.. what, good politics ? public opinion making ? preserving "peace" ?

Sorry, I don't get what the benefit is to agree that therfe are stupid laws, but to not want those with the biggest influence to talk about it.. only those at the bottom, IF we talk about at all. very illogical.

Nov 2015
UK
Why? If some laws are stupid, then they're stupid. Get them changed. People were just hoodwinked by the poncey talk of the likes of Obama, that's why they can't comprehend a president talking straight. Conditioned by Obama's shit.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Why? If some laws are stupid, then they're stupid. Get them changed. People were just hoodwinked by the poncey talk of the likes of Obama, that's why they can't comprehend a president talking straight. Conditioned by Obama's shit.
I kind of agree with you, about the talking straight part of Trump. Not much of what he says I agree with, but he does say what's on his mind. He said he would.