Our laws are stupid, according to the president

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Why ? You think locking up people for smoking pot is stupid, as a practice, and as a law, no misconception there.
You asked if he disagreed. I replied with something that agrees, saying "I do."

I don't disagree with you.

It was a long night. Forgive me lol.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
So, he should not "have" an opinion ? Or he should not "share" his opinion.. and keep his electorate in the dark about what he thinks about the laws ?

Disinformation and hiding one's personal opinion and preference in the name of.. what, good politics ? public opinion making ? preserving "peace" ?

Sorry, I don't get what the benefit is to agree that therfe are stupid laws, but to not want those with the biggest influence to talk about it.. only those at the bottom, IF we talk about at all. very illogical.
I think he himself sounded stupid in the way he dismissed our border policy as stupid.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Also, Trump says this kind of thing pretty often. All of his predecessors made "bad deals."

Mind you, Trump apparently doesn't have a clue about negotiation strategy.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Some of our laws are very stupid.

So while I have no idea what this OP is actually referring to or the details of what was actually said, there is certainly nothing wrong with calling stupid laws stupid in my book. I don't see the issue.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Why? If some laws are stupid, then they're stupid. Get them changed. People were just hoodwinked by the poncey talk of the likes of Obama, that's why they can't comprehend a president talking straight. Conditioned by Obama's shit.
He was referring to the law of accepting asylum seekers at the border. How can that even be "stupid"? Why would the United States of America not allow people to come to a port of entry and ask to be allowed in because they're persecuted elsewhere?

You being an expert on our traditions and all...

Nov 2013
NY
I think he himself sounded stupid in the way he dismissed our border policy as stupid.
Oh, there is no question about THAT. And I guess you know, I am NOT saying that Trump is in the right here.

I just can't get behind the idea that a President should not speak out about his opinion on laws. Even if it's stupid opinions, like the ones of Trump.